4.15.2009

Forest Card Swap





Good morning friends ~ Quick post in the blog ........ this is the card I made for my friend Jeanette's First Card Swap - named accordingly for her ...... the Forest! I wanted to jump in and support her and couldn't wait to ink up these new stamps that have been sitting FOREVER in a case, poor things! They are from H & M stamps and I bought them on their clearance sale way back when thinking I could use them for dd's Girl Scout pages ........ but, alas, we saw no bears on that outing - hee hee .......
I had so much fun with these! My dd said the bear looked like he was floating so I added last minute leaves as a soft bed ....... :) I also double colored the bear - first with prisma colored pencils and then with markers for a softer/furrier effect - it looks much better IRL. TFL!






11 comments:

  1. Such a cute stamp set...what a beautiful card...I am thinking I will Dibsies one of these..GREAT work love da Deej

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this is sweet. I really love how you put him sleeping on the petals/leaves. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and cuddly! I might have to make some smores tonight...of course I'll be using a more modern campfire - the microwave! LOL!

    Love his little bed of leaves! Great job, Kells!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly!! It looks awesome online too! :D This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute and fun card, Kelly! I love it so much... I call dibbsies! Oh wait, I'm the hostess, so of course I get one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute set! Love the furry bear and his bed of leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great! Love the "2 scenes" look of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly!! {waving} It feels like *ages* since I've stopped by. This card is sweet--What an adorable bear! Great textures, patterns, layout!
    {hugs}
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh! I like the layout and the colors are great. Great job with capturing the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Kelly, what a great card for Jeanette's Forest swap...perfect colors and images!!!

    ReplyDelete