11.11.2009

Trying out for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps

Happy Wednesday! And since today is Veteran's Day, it's doubly happy. I come from a military family and although we lost dad a few years ago to cancer, this day is still a great honor for me and all it represents. :::: waving to my brother and his wife, still in the Army in Germany :::::

And this little Kraftin' Kimmie set was my "application" for a guest designer spot (gulp!) I needed to sent a small card for my (above mentioned) SIL, Susan, for a birthday coming up and for their 3 year old adopted German shepared, Emma, which will be filled with treats :) So I brought out Francesca - who is just delightful! I paired it with some My Mind's Eye paper & embellies. I sponged around the frame of the image and added a KK sentiment as well. For the small tin, I found that at the Dollar Tree and did some hodge-podge covering with matching DSP, Daisy stamp, and lotsa ribbons!

Thanks for looking! This was tons of fun for me. I always tells my children to try their best and reach for the stars and one of the best joys in life for me is try to be a good example for them (and put my words to action, lol!)

May your day bring you lots of blessings today and thank you to all the Veteran's! We <3 href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_J5FWniBgDSE/SvrCv0EOSAI/AAAAAAAABac/Ts2W0m_GeIs/s1600-h/DSC00092.JPG">



























































































Deets: Cardstock is PTI Brown & White, Baja Breeze by SU ; Dsp = My Minds Eye "Dreamy" collection; Stamps are from Kraftin' Kimmie Collection & sentiment; Letters and blue floral border are from Doodlebug; Circle nesties & Cuttlebug; colored with Prismacolor markers; Ribbon by Kaiser; corner punch, oval punch; flowers by prima and e.; EG Button; SU twine; Tombo; Kaiser Pearls; misc ribbons

7 comments:

  1. Super cute, Kels! Love the doggie lunch box. I love the sentiment with this image - it's like "Hey there. Yeah, I'm just balancing a few cupcakes....so, whatcha doing?" LOL! I'm sure SIL and pooch will love it, and so will the Guest DT deciders! Good luck! {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly, what a super cute set!! I love the pp, the sentiment and the lunch box is adorable. Good luck Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, wow, wow, Kelly, this is so cute. I love the stamps..., your coloring is fab!!!! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! ; ) I LOVE cards that are also finished on the inside. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fingers are crossed for you Kelly. How could they not pick you! I mean really, your projects are adorable and the colors plus your coloring is top notch. Plus every DT needs a ray of Sunshine on it and you are defintely a ray for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! I soooo hope you get it, Kel! You would be an AWESOME additional to their team!! And I totally agree with Mare, a HUGE ray of sunshine to me too!

    ReplyDelete