5.26.2010

Altered Faith Journal/Notebook ~ Psalm 9:1




Happy Wednesday - again!  I'm delighted to bring you another post today - I have meant to post this for since yesterday - no time like the present! :)
This is an altered notebook that I made for Deedee's Digi Blog Challenge ~ this week's challenge is:

And now for this week's challenge! This week we would like you to
make a project featuring a Scripture verse of "praise."

Although I can't wait to craft with the beautiful digi I won on the Opening Day blog hop (take a peek at her digis here), I decided to use the digi that Deedee is giving away for free on her blog - take a peek!  It was PERFECT for the person I'm making this little altered notebook for.  At my son's preschool, there are many "helpers" that are often overlooked and I try to pick up little things here and there to accompany a gift card as a way of saying thank you for all you do!  This is a notebook that I picked up at the $1 bin at Michael which was super cute - I even found matching notecards :)  But I altered it using this fabulous verse from Psalm 9:1, perfect for those who show their love for Him through their work! 

{Close up}

Using lots of ribbon, I anchored the ribbons to the side in a multitude of colors, drawing from the color palette of the DSP.  A little bright and whimsical, but she's a wonderful 17 year old high schooler volunteering her community hours to work with our children. 

{Binder notebook, open}

TFL and blessings! xoxoxo
~Kelly

Deets:  Spiral Notebook from Michaels
DSP:  KI Memories, SU! Cardstock (earth elements)
Basic Grey (image print)
Prima flowers, various ribbons, Aileens, Tombo

15 comments:

  1. What a great notebook! I'm sure your friend will be just delighted to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Lovely colours. What a wonderful gift!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful notebook, wonderful colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Kelly...Beautiful colors and the paper you used is gorgeous! I love how you added the ribbon to pick up the colors in the paper. What a great gift, a true labor of love! Your friend is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, this is fantastic. Great Paper and colors. Should i also try. Very beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Kelly, love all the ribbon and the papers.. Great project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just beautiful!! You did a great job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, your altered journal is so pretty! I love the colors! Wow! And the overall look is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Awesome project, Kelly! Love this beautiful altered notebook!! You are such a generous person and the recipient is sure to love it and you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5/27/2010

    Absolutely fabulous project, Kelly! Love the bright colors and all that fun ribbon. This is sure to be a much appreciated gift!! Thanks so much for playing with our challenge, and showcasing my digi in such a wonderful way. Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful project, Kelly! Great colors and you are rocking those Nesties!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this!!! Gorgeous, stunning, inspirational and encouraging all rolled into one. WOW! I have been wanting to make myself a journal for a long time. These colors are cheerful and perfect! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty! I love how you layered the diecuts! Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out absolutely beautiful! I love the pretty colors and ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such s beautiful gift. Everything about it is inspiring! I LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete