8.11.2011

Boys will be Boys!


Hiya!  Wow, what a week!  Our 6 y/o son starts 1st Grade on Monday and it's been CAH-RAZY!  He in in private christian school and they start a week earlier than the girls - boo, sad face! :(   Speaking of boys, that's the theme for Pixie Dust Studio this week ... Boys will be Boys!   Here is my take (forgive the lighting, I'll be re-taking it tomorrow in natural light) on the theme - using  Up Up and Away.  Isn't he cute?





 
I  used the SCS CC335 color combo for this week of Kraft, Red and Yellow which is a great color combination.  I found my old Basic Grey stack with coordinating colors - green was the dessert color of the week except a tiny smidge of blue peeks out in a few spots ;)  I added twine instead of ribbon and 3d propped the balloons.   And I just love that little froggie peeking out of his bucket - so cute!

I sure you hope you can us this week!  You can link up your Boy cards here on the Challenge Blog, using a PDS image and your creativity, of course!   And did you know some of the Pixie Dust Images are on sale?  Sure are! 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly


This card entered into these challenges:  A Spoon Full of Sugar - 162-Birthdays
Card Makin' Mamas - Birthdays
SSCC 101 - Use something forgotten in your stash ( My dsp!)
Stamp Something - Use a digi
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
Craft your Passion - Anything Goes
Fun with Shapes and more - Use Twine
Anything Goes Challenge - Birthdays
Card deets:  SU Kraft, PTI Pure Poppy, SU Crushed Curry, PTI White:  Image: Pixie Dust Studio "UP UP and AWAY", prismacolor markers; tombo, craft rope, MM Button, twine, cuttlebug, nesties, 3d dots, Spare parts glitter brads, aileens

20 comments:

  1. So fun! Great colors and papers on this! Love the trim!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely priceless, love the color and those ballons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first grade! Oh.... Where does the time go? Such a sweet card. I really like the colors and how the DP's work together. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect boy card, Kelly! I lvoe how you've coloured him in and those paeprs are perfect with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute boy card Kelly! I love how you 3Ded the balloons, makes the image jump off the card :) Thanks for sharing with us at Card Makin' Mamas, hope to see you there again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Kelly... I love this card! I truly think it's one of the very best cards I've seen in a long time. Too cute! Love the papers and he way you did the balloons, and that image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just always make the cutest cards! And this is no exception!! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super,super adorable and I love the little frog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO cute! Lovin' the balloons and that little frog is just perfect. My husband used to bring them home in his pants pockets and his mama wouldn't find them till AFTER they went through the wash!

    All the best with 1st grade!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is really beautiful love the image and colors,bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors and twine on this card! Your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges- cute image and I love your balons :-) hugs Joann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are so much fun, love coming to your blog for smiles. Love this sweet little card, just adorable. Crazy that school is back, my DD starts a week from Monday, Middle Schools and my DS is a junior in college, where does that time go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cuteness...and I LOVE that twine! Fabby colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your fun creation with us at Craft Your Passion!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This lil dude is waaay too cute! Such fun papers too! An absolute fave! Love it :)
    hugs to you!
    margie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute card Kelly & that image is ADORABLE! Great job as always Hun & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darling boy card, Kels! Give that sweet boy of yours a hug and a kiss from me. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Kelly - this is just too adorable! What a gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured. Great touches doesn't it feel good to get it out of the cupboard! LOL! Thanks for playing along with is at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge, it is a pleasure to see you and your lovely creation! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team -

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this is the first time I've seen you use something other than Riley on your cards! At first I thought I had arrived at the wrong blog. LOL Seriously, this boy card is just really great. The colors really do work well together. I love that you paper-pieced the balloons.

    ReplyDelete