6.25.2012

Let's Dress Up Riley!



Hi everyone!  It's time for a new bi-weekly Riley and Company challenge at the Challenge blog.  This week our challenge is brought to us by one of our  Facebook posters - Robin!  She gave us the idea to 'dress up' Riley - not to paper-piece, but to actually draw some clothes and re-dress Riley or Sophie in an outfit other than what he/she is wearing.  

In our house, it's Euro-Cup soccer time!!  Dh, the kids and I have been glued to the tv ... cheering on our prospective teams.  Dh and the kids are Team Spain where dh is from and me, well, I'm Team Germany where I grew up and learned to love Fußball! I stand alone in my cheering here, and it gets even wilder 'round here during World Cup Soccer time but we manage ... and
 We are officially a house divided! :)  


For my card, I kept Riley in his soccer shirt but drew a letter to represent 'my country' :)  I also let the colors of the flag be the primary colors of the card right down to the coloring to the embellishments.
I also drew some sweat bands on his hooves *smile!*  
I used Soccer Riley, of course :)



I left the inside blank on purpose ...... perhaps to write a "I'm so sorry!" note for dh when SPAIN GOES HOME and I'm squealing "Los geht's Deutschland!" 
Teehee!!  Okay, I'm kidding - it's all in great fun and no matter what, we love sharing our sporty time together!

And that's it! 

We, of course, can't wait to see what you come up with for this "dress up Riley/Sophie" challenge!   If you use any other gallery or want to upload your cards, please use the keyword Riley1312.

Please stop by the DT blogs off to the right in my sidebar to see what they've created in this FUN challenge! x0x0

Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly~



Cheerfully entered into: Allsorts 160: Any die will do
Fab 'n Funky: Polka Dots

26 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun!

    You don't seem to have enough family on your "side", so I will cheer with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::giggle giggle::
    Love the card! Love the story that goes with it! I'll keep my daughter's ear tuned for the results! =)) (She checks the news every day, so I don't have to! =) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! I love the colors and papers. Slide tackles rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have enough in our house with everyone supporting England! - glad I'm not in your "house divided"!! Love the football card - very cute thanks for playing at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous hon. I'm giddy w/excitement that my suggestion was put in action along w/my name attached. I think it's a great way to show off how you can get more use out of our little guys than just how the image is shown in the release. AWESOME card hon, love the alteration & the wrist sweat bands. I'll help you root for Spain. My youngest loves soccer so I am sure I'll see who wins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. BIG smile my sweetie, LOVE your colors...;-) Wonderful...go germany!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, love the colours and his sweat bands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Love how you pulled the color into everything and the sweatbands are so cute!!
    In our house, DH and DD#2 are the sports fans and she is such a Daddy's girl that she wouldn't dream of cheering for a different team! DD#1 and I usually go off to do our own thing when the sports are on!
    But since you are completely outnumbered, I will help you cheer for Germany-it's in my roots after all!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Card Kelly--love the colors! Go Team Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Riley's little Letter Sweater!! So cute to draw that on his shirt - and a PRECIOUS card!!! Love it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun! Great layers and love the colors! Hope your summer is going great! We are getting ready to take our family vacation this week! I have been packing, and cleaning and packing and cleaning! I'm going to need a vacation after my vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super adorable card!!! OMG, OMg, I never realize you are a soccer fan or shall I say futbol fan. I'm one, too!! Eeek.... It's so hard to talk about Eurocup here since nobody I know likes it!! Yes, girlie.... I am all team Germany!! Whoooo hoooo... They deserve it this year, heck... So tired of always coming in second place. Klose, Hummels, Muller... my boys... But of course, my fav is Ozil!!!

    I seriously thinking about calling in sick on Thursday. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is soo cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dressed-up Riley is adorable, and he looks pretty confident. Love the country colour coordination (hehe) and the fun story along with this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your button placement...too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun card Kelly, may the best team win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our house is similarly divided when it comes to football onlyit is Rugby League at State of Origin time here! They play the best of 3 matches and this year its one game a piece with one to play. Needless to say our house will be rather noisy come game 3. Your card is fabulously fun and the team colors of your card are really striking together. I don't think it would matter what you dressed Riley up in he'd always look adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. so sweeet, love the ric rak!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute Riley and i like his shirt ;-)
    Deutschland ......Deutschland......
    Well let´s see if the Italien have to go home tomorrow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heeeeeheeeeheeeee, keep us posted on the winner....love to know how this adorable card will be used (-:

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just as cute as it can be! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fun card! Riley looks so handsome in his soccer uniform. Wonderful coloring as always Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great football themed card. I'm with Danie, in our house it's more about Rugby League than Football. But I will be hoping for Germany to win too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fun Kelly! It's better with a little opposition I think - then there can be rivalry and all the fun and craziness that goes with that. The good news too is that there is then someone in the house who is delighted by the reults.
    Sweatbands on a moose. Too Cute!
    Your card as a little piece of art is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super fun design!! Go, Riley!

    ReplyDelete