5.15.2014

Dueling Darlings - April and May!

 
 
**I have two posts for you today!
If you are here for the Newton's Nook Designs post,
scroll up one, please!**
 
Good Morning! 
 
I'm so excited that today is the day we 
post our cards from the Dueling Darlings group!
I love the Dueling Darlings! It's a group near and dear to my heart ♥
 
And ..........
I have not one but TWO cards to share with you!
First up, Judy is our hostess together with Paola. 
 Together they came up with a theme of:  "Music is a Gift."
Such a theme could not ring more true in my family ~
and we love many different genres of music.
 Judy sent the most fabulous images - two to chose from -
 and I went with Ukulele Josh from Sparkle Stamps.
My card base is from the current Freshly Made Sketches 136,
though I wasnt' able to get the image into a circular shape :(
I'm still pleased with how this turned out and that I was
able to get a few of the different dsp on it to showcase
how fun this kit was!  Thanks, Judy!

Here is my card:



 




I'm also posting my card from last month - Kadie was our hostess!
I believe the theme was Girls Day In/Girls Night Out ~
absolutely adorable!
The colors are so fresh and vivid, the image from the a la mode line
 is just darling and it's a nice reminder of why it's FUN to be a girl!




 
Be sure to stop by and see all the Dueling Darlings!
You can find them in my sidebar :)



Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

 

19 comments:

  1. Fun musical paper with this adorable image, Kelly!! Lots of musicians in our family would love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, the image is so cute and you made a wonderful card with your perfect patterned papers. Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and love those little banners.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card feels so light and summery. I love it! Great layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! Another fabby layout and use of Judy's kit. Love how you did the buttons too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. The orange makes the card pop! The layers look great and feature a few of the papers. That little bit hidden button on the bottom looks really good. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really sweet summertime image! Great card Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you colored your image and put the whole card together! Great job this round Kelly ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly this is such a gorgeous card - love the contrast of the blue and orange, and the image is so whimsical.
    Last month's card is a sweetie too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful cards! love the softness of the boy 'music' card and the vibrancy of colors on the girl's card...
    totally opposites yet both fabulously done!! Awesome ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly--I think both of your cards are so darn cute. Love the layout of the music card and I love the banners behind the image. For Kadie's card, I love the bright colors--great job!

    I am so happy to be a Darling with you and that you are on my team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are so fabulous!! I love the designs!! The images are so sweet!! You did an awesome job on both!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kelly, both cards just sing out with wonderful, warm colors!! April's Duel was worth the wait, so, so pretty!
    And May's Duel...what an adorable image! Both are just super!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards, Kelly - both of them!

    I love your style! So fresh and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy Hanna, two great cards. Love the layouts and colors on both...You rocked these cards....♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is sweet. I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kels! I finally made it before the end of May to check out your May DDD creation! Love, love, love both cards for April and May. Your coloring of Ukulele Josh takes me right to a tropical beach and the layout is awesome! Love the way you used paper both inside and on the front and the way you used the buttons...just perfect!!!
    Wow! The April card is stunning! Love how you paired papers in this dynamic layout. The image is colored so pretty and the touches of ribbon and sequins...so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry that I've like dropped off the planet lately and am just now getting to comment on these beauties!! Thank you sooooo much for not only doing this kit some serious props, but for sending me your AMAZING card!! Thank you, sweet friend! I cherish you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of these are fantastic! I love the ukulele boy with the music theme paper, and the ultra girly card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete