9.09.2014

Birthday Friendship ♥ (Carriers of Faith/Cornish Heritage Farms)

 
 
 
What a special day today is ...  
 Today our little man is 10 years old!
Our 'baby' of the family is turning another year old,
joining his 3 big sisters in the "double digits" category!
 
Though he is far from little .. I'm a wee 5'3" and he's already
passing my chin in height :)
Such an incredible little gentlemen he is,
with such compassion for the world, a gentle soul and incredibly bright
and funny ~ oh, how he makes me laugh on a daily basis!
 I'm blessed to be his mommy ♥
 
So imagine how practical it was that today is the day
 the Cornish Heritage Farms posts our challenge cards with a theme by Amber:  Boy/Masculine themed birthday cards.  Perfect!
 
And ...it's also the 9th of the month,
 which is the day that Carriers of Faithpost our cards, too
~ this month, our hostess is Jeanette.
Her challenge this month is a friendship card with the scripture
of Ecclesiastes 4:9-12.
In our home, we are very close to our children and they to each other
(though I must confess 3 teenage daughters was so not as fun as
I'd imagined it would be, LOL!).
Most of all, they are amazing with their little brother
and I'd imagine that if one falls down, they'll help the other up
as He intended for us to do with our brethren ♥
The scripture tells us that if one is overpowered, two can defend
themselves but a cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
I imagine my 4 together and hope that their close bond will be forever!

So, here's my card!
I used a digi from Cornish Heritage Farms called Teddy



  

 CHF61 - link it to the challenge blog
 

23 comments:

  1. that's just priceless, love the rich colors@!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card for your double digit son! So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card, Kelly, for your little man that is growing up so fast. I see the stars and hearts. I'm sure he has your heart and is your star every day. Love the card! Happy Birthday to your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what CUTENESS this is!! I absolutely LOVE the happy colors and fabulous sketch here Kelly!!! Happy birthday to your lil one!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, Kelly! It's so bright and cheery; and perfect for the occasion. What you wrote about the scripture was pretty great too! I hope your birthday boy and his mom have a truly special day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, first let me say Happy Birthday to your little man! I know how very special he is to you and all of your family!

    And your card... WOW! It is so colorful and fun! Love the design and adorable image, too!

    Thank you so much for creating the Carriers of Faith group and for letting me be one of the members!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bright and happy birthday card, Kelly. Wonderful sweet image with fab coloring, Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is perfect Kelly! I love the bright primary colors and your coloring is wonderful. I think your son will be thrilled that Mommy made it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love all the bright, bright colors on here and that design. Precious image too!
    Happy Birthday to the number 1 little man in your family! They grow up so fast.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful birthday card. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your young man! How exciting to be ten! Sweet card and definitely love the image and papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card!! The colors are so pretty!! Love the sweet image!! Happy, happy birthday to your little guy!! I hope he has a fabulous one!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute b-day card. Happy Birthday to your son !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH How Cute! What an adorable Birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute and what a special day! Happy Birthday to your boy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A perfect card for a boy- loving the bear and the perfect uplifting colors on your card- you have just the touch with DP my dear! I cannot believe your little guy is double digits already- WOW!
    You are such a blessing- loving the COF group and what a wonderful group to be a part of- Thank you for all of your time and efforts putting it together : ) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9/12/2014

    Such a sweet card, your choice of papers and colours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely Post Kelly. I hope your young man gets to read this so he knows that you are happy to tell the world of your love for him.I hope he liked his sweet card and that his birthday was marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kelly--your card is too cute and I sure hope your son loved it! I love the bright colors and the layout too!

    Thanks for creating such a fun group, the Carriers of Faith. I have loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute Kelly! Happy birthday to your little man :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! Love the image and your layout So cheerful. Happy belated birthday to your not so L'il Man.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I almost forgot to finish the hop. I've had company again and no time for crafty fun. What a nice image for the birthday boy! The inside is wonderful too! Finished off so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a sweet card and the papers are so cheerful together!

    ReplyDelete