1.15.2016

Dueling Darlings - Get Well Soon!


Happy Friday!
 
Our little man has been waiting on this day more than me!
We are en route to 'roughing it',
camping in rural central Florida with my son's Boy Scout Den. 
HOO-RAH!
This campground is so rustic, it doesn't even have electricity :'/
Tents, bugs, snakes - all things that will make the scouts crazy happy
(and this mom hiding in the car at night, no doubt!)
4 days, 3 nights ......
I'm trading my Starbucks,
fpr sleeping under the stars!
As my husband pointed out, I did sign on for a year of Adventure - LOL!

And It's here, it's here!
The DDD!
After a long winter's nap,
the Dueling Darling card kit group is back and ready to color, craft, create!.
This month, our hostess for the Divas is Barb,
and Tracie is hostessing for the Dazzlers ...
and they've chosen a charming theme of:  Get Well Soon!
And a warm welcome to our newest member, Terry :)





Our card kit from Barb included a stamped image from her favorite co:
Whipper Snapper!
She also included some absolutely luscious SU paper, Comfort Cafe
and embellishments to match ...
the object of the card kit is to use just your own cardstock and glue,
as the rest of the card is made with the items sent.
I loved every little piece of this generous, charming kit - 
a few more cards can still be made!

Please be sure to check in with the rest of the Divas and Dazzlers
to see what they've created ~
you can find them in my sidebar! ♥
*my dd will be by to edit this, as seeing it now it's grainy 
and the lighting is crazy!*

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly
 
 

 

26 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly!! What a super sweet and adorable card! LOVE that image with the chicken get well soup bowl!! This would surely cheer up anyone not feeling well!! Hope you enjoy the camping trip! :) Have a great weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card will make anyone feel better. It's so cute! Love the patterned papers and the way you use your buttons. Have fun camping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly--what a cutie. I love how your colored the cup and the use of the DSP is wonderful. Thanks so much for being a part of the DDD--and for being on my team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love it! Another fantastic card, Dear Kelly! I always love your use of buttons to create dimension. Big hugs and Happy New Year! Thanks for keeping us all on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue card stock is great - just makes the papers you chose to work with pop! Hope your camping trip turns out as well as this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, Kelly!! I love the papers and the image!! It's elegant and gorgeous!! I hope you have a great time on the camping trip!! I love to camp, but I guess I'm not a true camper because I need the luxuries of an RV with electricity and tv and internet ;) Safe travels!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Get Well card, Kelly. Inside and Out !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet get well card Kelly. I take it there is warm chicken soup in the cup!!!! Love your sweet papers and embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kelly this is fabulous - so glad your DD could do that fabulous card justice with her editing. Enjoy your camping - we don't have snakes here, and few bugs... but camping in the car sounds very safe to me!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, you created such a delightful card from this delish kit! Love the design of your card and how you used those yummy designer papers both inside and on the front of your card, especially the blue tags peaking out from that beautifully colored image. Clever use of the buttons too! Great job, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love love this Kelly! everything about it - I love how you stick elements partially behind the image panel. :)

    Have fun camping my friend! XOXOXO LJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Kelly a great image and design those papers are so lovely, enjoy the camping trip it sounds fun, lol.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card, Kelly! I really like your color and pattern combos here.

    Kim CCMC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the soft colors of your card....and the way your image is colored is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Precious card! Comfort Cafe is one of my favorite dsp packs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Precious card! Comfort Cafe is one of my favorite dsp packs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You crazy mom....I would've done the same thing and then thought about it later..Am hoping you have a wonderful time....I love your card. The dsp you chose to use is amazing....the layout beautiful. You did an amazing job with this kit...am loving being back to dueling and am so glad we are duelers together....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great get well card, Kelly! I cannot wait to hear about your adventures in camping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kelly, your card is jaw-dropping STUNNING! Love your style, my friend!

    Now about the camping.............. sure hope you're surviving!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Cards, Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. From my friend, Sweet P:

    Kelly: Gorgeous 'soupy' card Kells, featuring an almost tangible soft colors palette and, of course, your favorite accessories: buttons! Fabulously done!
    PS I hope you are enjoying your camping adventures! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the layers and papers! What a delicious soup card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card! Your layout is great- & love the beautiful way you colored this fun image. It would make me feel better quickly! Hope you enjoyed the camping weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply lovely! Those are gorgeous papers, love the floral one on the inside. I like how you popped the image over the buttons and added the DP banners on the side. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete