7.22.2017

Ready, Set, Go - Circa 2008!


Good Morning, friends!


That is not a typo - it really says 2008!
My son asked me once, when discussing the '80's, 
 "isn't that when you all wore poodle skirts?"
Me:  "You.  are.  hilarious."

We are on Round 3 of the Ready, Set, Go Challenge!
 Jeanette is this month's hostess and asked us to go back -
 way, way, WAAAAAY back into our galleries at Splitcoaststampers 
and find the 8th card, representing the time we first posted to the SCS gallery -
in, you guessed it, 2008.

Oh the horrors! :/
It's such a funny trip down memory lane to look at my first cards ...
some of them I remembering making and LOVING them - LOL!

Here is my original card:  
  GASP! 




 And here is my new card, a CASE of the above ↑


What I kept: the card color scheme and the blue background design 
with yellow/green/orange design, bold flower as focal point 
and a corner sentiment ...
 (yes, that hideous purple flower in the corner is a sentiment, LOL!)

What I changed:  The prima flowers to a water colored stamp,
the red polka dot ribbon to red jute twine
 and the brads to enamel dots,
and the circles in the patterned paper became paper-pieced flowers.



I won this stamp set in an Altenew Giveaway and am so blessed!
It's so beautiful and the videos using this watercolor wonder stamp set are absolutely beautiful! 
I paired it with Amazing You
the small flowers used to create the background. 




You can see here what Barb and Jeanette made
 using their old cards from 2008 :)
Next month, I am up as hostess and already have my challenge planned ~
Stay tuned! :)

Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

17 comments:

  1. What a fun thing to do!! Both cards are beautiful!! Your update is so fabulous!! I love the colors!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun challenge and love your first card, But...... your new card is stunning!! The design is brilliant. I love the Altenew stamps and have quite a lot of them. Have a lovely weekend. Big hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun challenge. It's great to see how you cased the first card. Love the colors and the vibrancy of the updated version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see the old and the new...such a difference in technique! Lovely!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. bright and happy card and a looks different Kelly
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. It's so fun at times to take a walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun challenge! Love the new look too. You've inspired me to take a walk down memory lane too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Kelly, lovely and colourful.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Kelly, fabulous memories too.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  10. You still love the vibrant colours Kelly, but your style certainly has changed - as I suspect has happened for all of us!
    Love your CASE of the original
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Times have moved on, but I still like your original card, your update is Beautiful.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun to go down memory lane! But I'll be honest I much prefer the CASED one! LOL Great transition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I mean transformation....lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Card Kelly. What a pretty stamp set that you used on your "recent" creation. It was fun--well maybe a bit scary, to look back to 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly, welcome to 2017... which is far removed from poodle skirts, just so your son knows. ;)

    Your remake (CASE) of your 8th card is gorgeous! I love the way you took in so many of the original details and updated them to absolutely beautiful!!!

    Thanks for being willing to RSG with my theme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun challenge Kelly. Your update is beautiful and congratulations on your recent win. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely re-do. Yes, it's so fun to see how much our styles and techniques have changed. Even funny how proud we were of those firsts LOL!

    ReplyDelete