4.27.2017

Hey Friend!



Hi there, friends!  
Oh, what a week this has been so far and it's only Thursday!
Today is an exciting day ~
 my daughter's last chorus show as she's about to graduate (sniff, sniff!)
Then we zip across town to the Boy Scouts Court of Honor/dinner .... busy day!


Today's card is the fun Progressive Challenge from Gerda Steiner Designs.
Her images are so whimsical and darling, including this cute little bear ♥
Her stamps always make me smile :)
They are so sweet and whimsical! 
Seriously - if there comes a day and time when you can't stamp,
just peek at her store
(or like me, I take mine out and pet them!)
and I guarantee you'll feel better!

We grew up in the military and moved around so often ~
keeping in touch via cards and letters WAS the way to do it 'back then' :)
I loved writing - even as a child - and had my first pen pal in Kindergarten.
A company that sponsored military children, such as myself, with pen pals paired me up with a friend in Malta.  
I remember asking my dad "What's Malta?"  
Out came the globe and then the Encyclopedia Britannica :)
Wow, I'm really dating myself, right?! 
LOL!
Here is my card for the challenge:


Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Friend back Kelly what a cutie, it's beautiful

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and fun! Love the design on this. I'm glad I'm not the only one that pets my stamps too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! The little bear is so sweet!! I love the papers and layers!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Gerda Steiner images too...you made a great cute card!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Malta very well, as my Mother was Maltese. I even have a Maltese middle name. I used to go there a lot to visit family we still have there. Your bear is adorable and a gorgeous card. Hugs, Carol S. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely memories Kelly :D and congrats to your daughter for her graduation... you will be so busy early! :)
    This bear makes me smile, he is really so sweet and cute!!! Great design, very sunny and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute image! Sure to put a smile on a friend's face! Love the background papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute image...You brought back some great memories! I was raised as an Only child. (had lots of step-siblings though) and Pen pals kept me going...life got lonely living in a very small town with no children my age...(the children were much older or younger than me.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous layout for this cute bear and his pencil!! It looks like he has something very important to share!!

    ReplyDelete