2.07.2010

Cruisin by with a Kit-Cat!

Cruisin ....... on a Sunday afternoon ....... (it's a sing-a-long!) :)

This month's hostess for the Kit-Cat Club is the lovely Susan ~ she sent us Cruiseabella to bring her thoughts of warm sunshine and off all the piles of snow she's getting!  As a Floridian, I have to say this is pretty much what it looks like here - tops down, wind in their hair, sunshine bursting through .....  sadly, I drive an SUV but a convertible sure sounds nice, lol!   Combined with the kit & bella, she asked us to make an unusual (different!) fold to our cards ...... this is my first attempt at a stair step card :)  Of course, mine looks more like a wonky escalator that you find at the airport *smile!*  But it was fun!

I paired the dsp Susan sent along with some Old Olive/Bermuda Bay cardstock I had on hand .... it went well with the green floral paper she sent and embellished it with the paper scraps left over from the unfortunate event.   I wanted to create a drive down a country road on a sunny day so I used my Taylored Expressions set to make a tree ~ small flowers cut with a punch to make little apple blossoms & added some tiny blue gemstones she sent along.   Cruiseabella is colored up with some prismas in a blue car, simple to match the overall patterns in the dsp ....  added some of the lovely fringe, a sentiment and here you go!
The sentiment is also from T.E. and reads "we are friends forever in sunshine and shade" :)



Thanks for stopping by on Superbowl Sunday - hugs to all!
x0x0x0

Be sure to stop by and see the other Kittens and oogle what's they've made for you!








Deets:   Bermuda Bay, Old Olive CS from SU!, DSP - DCWV, Fancy Pants for the tree; Stamps = Cruisabella, stampingbella & Taylored Expression's Branching Out; Border Punch; Misc. Gems; flower punches, primsacolor makers; Momento ink Black, Fringe, Cuttlebug & nesties

17 comments:

  1. Kelly, your card is AMAZING! I love the stair step look, it really makes for a marvelous scene. I want to go cruising in your convertible in the lucious place you created with paper! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so so cute!! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous! I love this image and your coloring is right on!
    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get outta town! Kelly!! This is awesome! The stair step fold is absolutely perfect for this image, and I love the tree with blossoms! WOW!! Beeeeaaaautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I love it. Great job on the stair steps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I love the bright colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your first step card! Aren't these fun! You get to add so many elements to the card!! Love the cruisabella - and that sentiment is perfect for the card :)
    Nice work!!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fabulous..Love the dp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooooh, you did an awesome job with this fold! Wow, this card is beautiful!! I really love how you've used the car and then added the tree too! Stunning! I love it!! You gals always put together the funnest kits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Love the springy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love this card! It makes me feel summery with the sleet coming down outside the window! Can I come driving in your car? :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly, the colors are fantastic and this stair step card is amazing. Really awesome ! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly--great card--Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! What a wonderful idea...I love the spring colors, love the funny image and your card is beautiful.... FUN FUN FUN! Big hugs my sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2/09/2010

    Can I just say.....ADORABLE....love the step card and the way you used the image and actually the whole layout...awesome job my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY STARS KELLYBELLA!! This isn't a card - it's a work of art! SO much to love about this! I love the flowers you punched from the PP & CS, and *wowzah* that tree is just STUNNING! And what a perfect sentiment! Gosh, I am so humbled that you created this from my little kit! {hug}

    ReplyDelete