5.01.2011

A Sunday bike ride with the KitCats!


 Hiya!  It's the 1st Sunday of the month, which means it's time for a Kit-Cat post!  If you are a new reader to my blog, that basically means a group of us friends that met on SCS take turns sending identical card kits with 1 stamped image and designer papers and a few embellishments and we all have to create a card with it!  Fun, Fun, FUN!  We call ourselves the Kit-tens due to, hee hee, the kit!  This month, our hostess was the uber sweet and joyous Susan!  I absolutely loved every ounce of her kit, so much so I used everything but the ribbon and buttons ... and that was only because my Aileens was supah dry from one of my kiddies leaving the lid off! :)

I decided to use another fun fold - I have been so stuck in a rut with my card making.  I enjoy a challenge and going outside my comfort zone to see what is new and innovative and something I may want to try again - some maybe not!  *wink!*  I love the vibrant colors to the papers she sent which match the theme of her image - SU's Time for You bicycle!  Such sweet memories I have of biking as a kid - even in Europe, my brother and I would take off on our bikes down the old European cobblestone streets and roam through the towns or castle ruins.  I have a harder time now - we live in a busy suburb where cars and missing sidewalks and busy intersections and shopping centers make it a little harder :)  But I love to ride my bike still and loved going down memory lane while creating.  Thank you, Susan!









Would you like to see what the other *kittens* have made with this stamped image and papers?  Here they are!

SusanJeanette  *  Lorie  * Michelle


Next month,  its' my turn to hostess!  I already  have my idea and most of the kit ingredients, so stayed tuned next month and see what surprises awaits the other kittens! :)

Muah! 
Blessings to you!
~Kelly

Entered into:  House of Gilli - Stripes and bling

Card deets:  SU! Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo;  DSP from Susan's kit - K & Companys' Sweet Nectar - DCWV cardstock squares; SU stamped image:  Time for you; Darice flower, Darice pink bling; Tombo

24 comments:

  1. What a unique card. Looks like you got a nice set of goodies to play with. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card from a fun kit!! I like the fold idea. Might just add it to my never ending list of new things to try! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute and colorful card and love the fold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Kelly... your card is wonderful!!! I love the unique fold (I'm going to have to remember that one!) Funny thing is, I almost put the bike inside my card, too... but changed my mind and then regretted that decision. LOL!

    I love how you used almost everything in Susan's delightful kit! You are an inspiration to me!!!

    Hugs and Purrs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness! This is just cute, clever, gorgeous, and everything in between! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a terrific fold, Kelly, and I love the execution of it!! Gorgeous colors, papers, image and embellishments...Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5/01/2011

    Love it - I just absolutely love it! The fold is awesome and it's such a great surprise to see the stamp inside... The colors and the layout are absolutely perfect for this - hurray for KitKat.

    Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! I'm so into fancy fold cards lately... just can't a straight A-2 size card LOL! Love your bright colors and the paper is just plain yummy! Enjoy your Sunday GF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fantastic fancy fold! Love the images and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, so bright and fun! Love the fun fold, I know what you mean about being in a rut, but this one is not boring at all, well none of you cards are, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! I love the fun fold you've used. I've not seen that before. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! Have I told you lately how talented I think you are?

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous!!! great designs...
    This is very bright colors combination.
    The first one looking beautiful.
    Thanks for this great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fold is just great! I love the colors and how you chose to lay out the card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my stars, Kelly, this is gorgeous! This totally fun & carefree card is a feast for the eyes inside & out! Your use of the papers on this fun-fold card is amazing, and what a wonderful surprise to find the sweetly colored image on the inside! I am humbled that you created this yummy card from my little old kit! I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us! {hugs & purrs}

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card. Love this fun fold and your choice of colors is awesome. Totally creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! I love the bold, cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so pretty; the colors remind me of summer! Thanks so much for joining us for the House of Gilli challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the funky folds of your card and the bright colors, it is the type of card to make anyone smile

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE IT!! I know what you mean about being stuck with one standard fold (which for the record, I hardly think applies to you because you always have SO MANY different ideas posted here). This fold is AWESOME and does a fabbie job of highlighting the sweet image that Susan sent. Wonderful use of all the elements, as always! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous5/03/2011

    Looks like another fun kit and fabulous KitCat card -- I love seeing what you make with these each month! The papers are so cheerful, and what a great way to fold the card. The darling image is like a sweet surprise on the inside. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooohh! That is a fun fold! Of course you had my attention with all of that pretty pink! Yup, it's a "Classic Kelly Card"...so happy! Such a fun image, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty! Great colors and nice card design!

    ReplyDelete