12.17.2013

Dueling Darlings/WOYWW #237


Hi, beautiful people! 
 I'm baaaaack!!! 

After an excrutiatingly long time without a computer 
or ability to blog (properly),
 my laptop is back as the best holiday gift :)
Not to mention the almost unfathomable busy-ness life has
been the past few weeks with the schools, activities, shows, birthdays
and more!  
5 minute prayer, 5 minutes to enjoy a Starbucks, 5 minutes to shower ..
that's all I got! :)
 And ...
thank you SANTA in the form of my absolutely fabulous
brother-in-law for fixing my baby ... you absolutely ROCK!
 I'm so very grateful!

Angels we have heard on high!
 

Now for my very, very, VERY late Dueling Darling card!
I wanted to play along with the WOYWW #237 again
so I'm linking up there as well ~ if you aren't familiar with
Julie at Stamping Ground, you can find her here.  It's a wonderful
peek at the creations around the globe and
always makes me smile to visit and admire :)
 
My kitchen table, doubling as a craft haven/desk this past week!
 
 For my card today, Jeanette and I were the hostesses
of the card kits this month.  Our chosen theme was 
"A Christmas Story".
For this card kit, I really wanted to reflect the beauty of the birth of
Christ, Our Savior, and the significance during this holy season.
I love, LOVE my very old Inky Antics stamps and thought
it was time they see ink this holiday.
I stamped up both the Angel Gabriel and Away in a Manger
and allowed the others who rec'd this kit to chose their favorite.
I also included in the kit Carta Bella "winter fun" papers in 
a variety of colors and patterns - oh how i just love this stuff!
It wasn't 'religious' per say but that was part of the challenge - 
make it work! :)

I chose Angel Gabriel for my card and the matching sentiment.
My card is pretty simplistic over all because ...
I didn't make myself a kit, LOL!!
I competely forgot when I was buying everything and packing it up
to make one for me!  
I'm improvising from having at least the paper on hand!  

 
The inside of my card!

Another part of the challenge was to share a special Christmas
memory from past or present.
Honestly, as a mommy now to 4 kids of my own,
there are just too many memories to have a favorite,
including from my childhood.

I'm blessed that even having had 3 of my children born in December
so close to Christmas, causing quite possibly one of the 
most choatic and busy months a mom could possibly handle,
we know that they are an absolute blessing.
I'm lucky to have such good kids, kind at heart and strong in faith.
They are wonderful children, good friends to others, and bring great joy to my life in so many ways!
So while they were Christmas gifts and mere newborns just days old
under the Christmas tree 3 times, 
I would not change a single thing in my crazy life :) 

Sending blessings to all of you!
I'll be by to visit you now that I have the means to do so!
Please stop by and see what the rest of the Dueling Darlings 
have made with "A Christmas Story" kits from Team Jeanette 
and Team Kelly - you can find all of us in my sidebar!



I'll enter this into Papertake Weekly Challenge "Christmas Cards",
and Tuesday Throwdown "What Cmas means to you"
and Cute Card Thursday's #299 Christmas Catch Up.

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly


51 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Kelly!! I love the sweet image!! The papers and design are fabulous!! I'm glad your computer problems are fixed...I've been there and it's not fun!! And wow, three kids with December birthdays...what a hectic, but exciting month for you!! Have a wonderful evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back Kelly - and full steam ahead as ever! :-)
    Love this card - that image is fabulous.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable image and great card!! And as for your desk - I want to come steal that honeycomb paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you've been having computer problems!! This is the worst time I'm sure! But glad you are back and with a darling creation of course! :) Love this and your colors Kelly! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back - and with a precious card too!!! Just adorable!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12/17/2013

    sweet card:) Happy WOYWW! Lindsay #5

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card.
    Happy Wednesday Karin #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. That a beautiful card. I love the image and sentiment. You have some fabulous crafting goodies on your desk. #6

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun post..so glad you've got your computer back, life without it or problems just messes up a day.
    Great idea and cute card for your card kits.
    3 Dec birthdays !! you need a metal. I too have a birthday in Dec, in fact it is today !!! mother always made time for family, friends etc going to a movie, bowling and her delicious homemade cake just for me and my grandpa...and our Christmas never lacked because of it. So just take the time, as they get older they'll always remember. #7

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to see you back- Wahoo for your BIL! It is so easy to take for granted the conveniences we have at our fingertips! Oh- your card is so precious- LOVE the image, the DP- and your wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for a brother in law who can fix computers! I like your cards, very creative. Helen #17

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card. Especially the snowy paper.
    Have a good week,
    RosA # 21

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card Kelly! You have the best designs and papers. I also love how you always follow through on the inside of the card to make it just as cute. That's something I need to do more often! Hope you're having a wonderful Holiday season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love that DP..I rarely look twice at Christmas themes but that's so useable. Pretty card, am loving the folksy style of the stamp. Good to have you back, I can't imagine how much rushing around December is for you..but you're right, it's all about the blessing of a family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our family has a lot of December birthdays as well so I know what you mean about it being busy, the card looks lovely and I love the sentiment to go inside. Thanks for sharing Tracy (41)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning
    Just popping my head around the door to say hi and wish you a very happy Christmas.
    Thanks for sharing your workplace.

    Neil #20

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kelly, lovely card, pretty papers and great stamps - I especially like the sentiment. Your life sounds hectic but fun. Greetings, Elizabeth x #45

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kelly,
    I'm soooo glad you got a computer! I don't know what I'd do without one! Your cards are so very pretty! Love the colors! :^) patsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet kit that you sent to us! I too liked the angel. Your soft coloring of the image looks really good on the card.

    Best of luck on the rest of this busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the card you made! And so glad you got your computer back. It seems when that portal goes dark I feel like I've lost my window on the world. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you are up and running again! Adorable card, love the precious image! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simplicity is the best form sometimes and you have pulled it off perfectly. Love that honeycomb paper, I might have to pop on over when you are not looking and grab it. LOL Thanks for popping in to say hi and leave a comment, Yoda and I wish you a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza & Yoda 15

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just lovely Kelly! So glad your BIL was able to fix your computer up. What a blessing! Such a great card (love the image and sentiment!) Enjoy the day! Winnie#51

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards!
    Merry Christmas
    Krisha #23

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Kelly, I love your card. Perfect in every way...and your Christmas memories are precious. (My mom had many family birthdays in Dec as well). Quite a challenge to combine several birthdays in Dec along with celebrating the birth of baby Jesus. Great card and WONDERFUL kit Kelly. I am so blessed that we are duelers and friends. Many Christmas blessings...♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable image! So happy for you that you got your laptop back. I know how that feels. Take care and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a lovely image on your card and perfect for the sentiment. I hope you have wonderful festive season. #41

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your cards are so adorable!

    Glad you were able to get your laptop back & working. :-)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for the lovely comments.

    Happy Woyww and Happy Christmas!

    Sandy #1

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kelly--Welcome back to blog land!

    I love your card--the soft colors, the great papers, the wonderful layout--ALL of It!

    Thanks for an awesome kit to play with this month--I loved every bit of it and kept all of the extra parts.

    Thanks so much for being one of the founders of the Dueling Darlings--I love this wonderful group of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sweet card~ I love the color palette Have a great week and thanks for stopping by earlier! Ginny #9!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great to see you back, Kelly! You made me exhausted thinking of all you have to do, but I'm so glad you have a working laptop to play with so you can join in! Your card is fantastic!!

    Happy WOYWW and Happy Holidays!! Hugs, Darnell #10

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fabulous timing for your computer to arrive back, we sure do take them for granted don't we? I have just had five technology free days away and have to say it took a while to adjust. Your card is just adorable Kelly and I love your beautiful choice of the Carta Bella Papers and sweet image. It sure sounds like your December is mega busy. Enjoy all the special days and a Very Merry Christmas to you and your family. Danie xx #27

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card! Great theme. Love that you live your chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's always amazing how many bits and pieces we end up with on our desk just to make a few cards!

    Have a lovey Christmas.

    ~Kate~

    ReplyDelete
  36. welcome back sweet cards.
    Monica 13

    ReplyDelete
  37. Adorable card, Kelly !!

    I wish you and your loved ones a merry christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  38. love the colors of your cards!.
    thanks for visiting and the snoop around your place.
    robyn 7

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card Kelly, I love the colours and the inside is so sweet as well :)

    Thanks for joining in at Papertake Weekly this week :)

    Tanya GDT xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful cards!! Your kitchen table/desk makes me want to jump in!!
    xxDaiella#12

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such a lovely, vintage-y card. Great colors and feel. Glad you have your computer up and running - that would have drove me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your combination of paper and image is delightful Kelly with such a gentle folk art theme to it. I hope you get time to stop soon and have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very cute, love the colors and the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Anonymous12/20/2013

    Beautiful card Kelly, I really love that paper. Glad you got your laptop back, it's amazing how our life disintegrates around us without our modern gadgets! Have a wonderful Christmas.

    Hugs
    Brenda 54

    ReplyDelete
  45. Awesome card!!! Love that angel.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  46. Such beautiful work with this precious image, Kelly!!

    So glad you are up and running again!! I have missed your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  47. that is such a cute and fun image kelly! and wow, all kids' birthdays so close to christmas... i give you credit for still enjoying the season!!!

    lovies, =o) kel

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hooray for the fixed laptop!!!

    And double hooray for such a darling card!! I love what the Divas have done with your kit, the images and papers are soooo cute!

    Your post about how special December is to you and your family touched my heart! TFS

    I'm so blessed by the Dueling Darlings, and you are one of those blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Lovely card, love both of the stamps you have used, and the papers :) Lx

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lovely card, love both of the stamps you have used, and the papers :) Lx

    ReplyDelete