4.28.2017

CYS: Superheroes!


Shazam!  Kapow!  Bam! 


Hi friends!

Today is a very special day on my blog ~
It's National Superhero Day!
It's also the day the SCS group Challenge Your Stash (CYS) groupies
post our cards with a theme chosen by the hostess.
This month - it's me!

In January of this year, I chose a "Superhero" theme,
long before I made the connection of the superhero day.
According to some, like Marvel comics, superheroes are fictional ...
but I think there are {super}heroes all around us all the time ♥
They protect, they serve, they teach, they are role models.
I chose this challenge based on a call I heard on the christian radio station
and it just tugged at my heartstrings.
In the call, a dad shared that his wife and mom to their young children
 was in the hospital receiving chemotherapy for an aggressive form of cancer.
Whenever he and their children would visit,
they all wore superhero capes!

 The CYS group is exactly that ~ we have to look into our own stash
of stamps and papers and challenge ourselves to make a card
 with whatever we have on hand.  No new purchases!
I knew instantly that I wanted to use Super Hero Henry from CC Designs ~
bless him, he's been waiting to get inked up and onto a card!
Since my favorite color combo is green/teal,
I kept the colors similar to the package insert.
I also used their sketch from the challenge archives to create the card base.
And SHAZAM!
My superhero card is complete and I absolutely adore it!





Go out into the world today and be a superhero to someone,
in some way ... big or small!
Just put your proverbial (or real!) cape on and make a difference.
Your heart will smile ♥ 
Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly


19 comments:

  1. Cool card!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable Kelly. Great image. Perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great boy card
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so adorable!! He's so cute!! I love how you've colored him!! Fun and fabulous, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Kelly, I agree, there are a lot of occasions in our lifes to be little superheroes for someone...
    Your card is just wonderful, love, love it! Great colouring and colours combo, fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww this is so cute!! Great image, love the papers and gorgeous design xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Love the colors and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is a little champion Kelly..FAB colouring and papers..AWEsome card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors your picked for your super hero card! Great image and he is perfect for your wonderful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your inspiration. Your a "Super Hero" too! Great card Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Henry is such a cutie. I love your story and how you used him as your Super Hero. He will bring a smile to any face. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my... what an adorable image! And fun color scheme. Your card is fabulous Kelly! I loved the Super Hero theme...thank you for challenging us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the theme and the little chap is gorgeous. Great design and colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the image Kelly, and the colors you used are so fun! Thanks for a great theme this round.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you have created with this precious hero! Awesome work, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute little Superhero !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card. So dang cute.....

    ReplyDelete