3.27.2017

Set Sail!


 Good Morning, friends ♥

Monday's are fun days on my blog!
It's the day that Kelly² are both on The Project Bin stamps blog ...
yes, that's TWO Kelly's - we're double the fun!

Today, I will don my sailor's hat and set sail :)
My card is showcasing Anchor's Away

 I fell head over heals in love with a card on SCS ~
you can see that card here!
The challenge last week on SCS was to CASE a card in our gallery
that we've favorited and I immediately thought of hers.

This is my take on it ~ 
keeping the nautical theme, stripes, design, use of colors.
  I did add some jute twine behind my image 
(kinda a signature of mine, I think!) 
and switched up the sequins for dots and added gold cardstock for flair.
I tried to incorporate at least one of the sailboat's colors in the sailor hat :)
I propped up the hat on 3D foam to give it a little more dimension.


Love, LOVE this Anchor's Away stamp set so much!

Here it is from the store front:


I know it's Monday.
the weekend is over and it's back to school, work, freeways ...
But take a little time for yourself if you can.
Close your eyes ...
 picture the vast, blue ocean,
 the white-capped waves and breath in the warm, salty air ...
where will your sailing take you?
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly 

I'll enter this to:  Addicted To CAS - seaside
 

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card with this sensational nautical set, Kelly!! The stripes and colors are perfect for this wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I love this card... even though I've never ever been sailing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous Kelly!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love the colors and the touches of gold sparkle along the sides!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a very striking and gorgeous design! Love the stripes and the touches of glitter along the edges which really set this off beautifully! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fresh design, it really give a feel of water! :) You have made a perfect nautical themed card! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Love the touch of gold on the border strips too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card and love colours and design. The little hat is so cute. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card Kelly, I've never been sailing but this set would make fabulous masculine cards.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card - and you should be a writer! Love your posts. A little jealous of the sand in your toes, but Spring apparently is on the way - even in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunner Kelly - love it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! Gorgeous colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really super card Kelly. Great colours and design too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, beautifully done. Perfect colors, especially that touch of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly, thank you so much for complimenting my card! I am so honored that it gave you such inspiration! Your card is awesome too- love the jute and that little hat is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a GREAT card Kelly, I really like the additional jute, must go and see if I can get some for myself LOL.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun card, Kelly! I love the horizontal stripes and how you added sparkly gold to your design...so fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete