6.09.2011

Part of your World ...........


As a mom with three daughters {before a son!}, there was not a single day that we didn't watch ALL of the Disney movies!  From Cinderella to Mulan and every sweet little princess in between, we knew the movies word for word and the songs to go with!  Trips to Disney, meeting them "in real life", every Disney Store Princess halloween costume imagineable! Ariel   -*The Little Mermaid*-  was always my oldest daughter's favorite - we even turned her room into a magical, underwater ocean kingdom!  It was just gorgeous.  I still hum the words when I see anything Mermaid, like this little sweetie from Fresh Brewed Designs!  She's Cutie Pie Mermaid and available in digi and rubber stamp in the FBD shop

This card was created for the Latte Lounge FBD Month long challenge of summer/beach and using pink and teal!  Gorgeous theme and color combo!  If you aren't familiar with The Latte Lounge, you can find your way by clicking HERE and guess what?!  Joining is FREE!  You'll find so much inspiration and lovely creations - stop in and take a look around!  While you are there, I hope you can join Fresh Brewed Designs challenge - you have til the end of the month  ... plenty of time! :)

Here's cutie pie, ready for the beach with her paper-pieced fin and bikini top!  I paired it with the same flowery/summer papers from SU that match the card (using up my scraps!)  I colored her with prismamarkers as well and added a sentiment from Ariel's "Part of your world". 


**And even more yummy news!**  Fresh Brewed Designs is in the June/July  issue of Ready, Set, Create!  How exciting is that!  You can find the news/price/purchasing information here at their website - so much fun!! 

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you swim on over to the Latte Lounge and find us there and play along  - we'd love to see what you create and have a chance at winning, too! 

   Blessings!
~Kelly

Deets:  Bazzill Cardstock: teal, Melon Mambo from SU; PTI white;  Stamped image from Fresh Brewed Designs "Cutie Pie Mermaid"; prismacolor markers, cuttlebug, nesties, grosgrain ribbon; prima flower;

Entered into these challenges:
Inky Impressions:  Pink and Aqua
Lollipop Crafts:  Inspired by Song (Little Mermaid "Part of your world")
Creative Inspirations:  Things with Tails

23 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/09/2011

    Really adorable card Kelly!! I love your layout with this color combo!! Such a lovely creation! Thanks so much for joining us at the Inky Impressions Challenges!! Smiles, *Vicki* - Sr. Inkette DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/09/2011

    This is adorable! Love all the layers and the little mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is SO SWEET!! Love the colors and fab job on the paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another pretty and cute card Kelly! Loving all the bright colors and what a darling little image! Your coloring is fantastic.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, this is super sweet ! The colors are really fun. Love the aqua. The papier pieced mermaid is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation, thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for visiting the pixie blog and for the shout out for Pixie, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your interpretation on this card. Very girly and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card and just perfect for our ‘things with tails’ challenge this week...thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooooo... me likey this a lot!!! Who would've think pink and aqua look so good together?!! You did! I just love your knack for colors. Oh, and I love that Prima on the bow as well! So pretty!

    Thank you for your sweet comment on Kathy's blog today and of course, on my blog every time. They always make my days! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly - cute card and lovely to hear about your three little disney princesses! The magic is rather closer to you than me - so wave to the Mouse next time you are there for me! The beautiful bright colors you used make me think of the Floridian sunshine. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my granddaughter can sing all those songs too! this is absolutely stunning! you definitely ROCKED those colors.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all those bright layers. Cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card,love all the colours and oh so cute mermaid.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a cute tropical mermaid- so adorable. love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute, cute, cute! I love the paper piecing on this cutie!



    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a precious card! Love the paper piecing and the bright fun patterns you used! Thanks for playing with the Inkettes this week, and good luck!!
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute little mermaid! I find myself singing "I'd like to be...under the sea"...lol.

    CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kelly girl~ I KNOW THAT MOVIE BY HEART!!! When it came out I was a young teenager? My sister and I watched that over and over and then when Hannah was a baby (age 2 I think) She watched it OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!! This is before it came out on DVD and we rented and rented and rented it from Blockbuster. I am telling how bad I am. I finally told them we lost it so I could pay for it. It only cost us $10!!! (I did feel guilty though :/) needless to say, the video was so old and skipped alot and it came out on DVD less than a year later. She has two copies now. One opened and one not :D

    I love you Kelly girl! Thanks for the reminder, the memories of my sister and I squaking like that poor bird :D hehehe, singing "Kiss da girl" and all that fun stuff .. then later singing it with my daughter (when she would let me ;)

    HUGS!!! The card IS beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kelly, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your papers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so sweet! The paper piecing looks fabulous! I enjoyed reading your trip down memory lane too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow what a fun card!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Inky Impressions xx

    ReplyDelete