8.20.2012

Riley's Favorite Fairy Tale! :)



This week at Riley and Company is all about Fairy Tales!  The challenge is to show us your creations with your favorite Fairy Tale!

I’m an avid reader – I read pretty much a book a day.  Yes, a day! :)   I have a voracious appetite for books and have since I was a little girl.   Whenever we moved, which was often, the first thing I’d do was peddle my bike around town to find the library and join up!  Books are truly one of the most magical gifts we can give ourselves.

Truly, my ideal Fairy Tale would be a stack of ‘to be read’ books beside me on a chaise lounge at the beach under the first palm tree I find!  You can have the Castles and Prince Charmings (I already have one of those, too!) and I'll take my books!   I take a weekly trip is to the library where I’ll browse through the selected titles of the books on my long list, usually from my Goodreads lists.  Yes, I am OBSESSED with Goodreads and have been since I joined a few years ago :)  I spend hours at the library and browsing bookstores – new and secondhand – for hours on end just getting lost in the books  … some of which just happen to jump into my basket :)

Okay, I digress!  For the new Riley and Company Challenge this week, the theme is Fairy Tales.  I made 2 different types of bookmarks ~ one corner bookmark for the books I read in vast quantity and one kid's bookmark for my son. 








I used Sophie's waiting for a prince.  And my son is so crazy about Riley - he always asked me to stamp out a few extra images for him to color up as well so I created a bookmark of his very own.  He loved it!  We read every night without fail and it's a joy to pass on the baton of reading to my little ones (and the teenagers that aren't so little!) :)  For this one, I used Riley and the beanstalk.  

If you want to add your card to a gallery, please use the codeword Riley1712. And to see what the rest of the DT have created, please see my sidebar!  TFL!

Happy Reading, Happy Crafting!


Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

Entered into:  Pile it on Challenge:  Cuddly Critters

29 comments:

  1. Loving those bookmarks, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so super cute! Wow! You are quite the reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Kelly.... What's your secret? I must be doing something wrong. I long for uninterrupted time to read ( I’m still reading the first book on my Summer reading list)! How do you do it? You have an amazing blog, design teams comments, and you have a family which I know you enjoy spending time with. So how do you find time for all of that and more? I’m in awe…

    By the way, your bookmarks are adorable. Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute! I love the layouts and you colored them so well. I am with ya girl, on the books! Luv 'um!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Kelly - I dare not let myself read as much as I may want to - nothing else would get done - not stamping or blogging or housework or cooking.... you get the picture!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous bookmarks to encourage kids. Getting lost in a book even if sometimes it's only a few pages is an absolute must for me. My library is so large it has now reached scary proportions but I can't bear to part with too many books.
    Now I am going to make you very envious Kelly - there won't be palm trees but there will be a chaise lounge and a gently warming sun beside either a pool or the crashing Pacific Ocean in a weeks time for me and..... a box of magazines and books that will not be opened until I get there. Yes!
    That's truly a blissful thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kellie, your bookmarks are fabulous. I like the bright colors and your coloring. Great how you pop up the leaves on (at ?) the beanstalk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/21/2012

    Oh you are so clever with your bookmark designs!! GORGEOUS coloring and I love to read as well...wish I had more time to do that!! :) Thanks for sharing your inspiration!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg! i loooooooove these!! SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. TOOOO CUTE! Riley and Sophia are the cutest - and so is your coloring on them. Great book marks!!!

    I'm just about as bad about reading and think that's why I can't get anything else done around this house! LOL!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! Could reading get any more fun with these? Thanks for playing along with the Animal Antics Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovin' the Riley bookmarks! Aren't those corner bookmarks fun to make? I have made several and I always enjoy giving them to other bookworms...

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable! I need to make some of these myself.. I read a lot too, not a book a day :) but a book a week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your book marks are so cute Kelly. I don't know how you manage to read a book a day, but good for you. Reading is such a great past time and to be able to pass that to your children is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly, both of these are stunning! Wow! Love all the fun colors and all the layering. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your fabulous bookmarks- both of them- the corner one- how creative! I love the tree Riley is perched on- how cool is this! Sero=iously- a book a day- and you can remember all of that??? You are a rock star my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly
    What a fantastic idea to inspire reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are just adorable, how much fun to have these in your books! Love the shapes and the colors. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of these are gorgeous! Love all the 3D goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are absolutely precious!!! LOVE The leaves on the beanstalk!

    Hope you are well and that you have a blessed weekend!
    HUGS
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are gorgeous! I love that Jack and the Beanstalk bookmark, I always loved that story.

    And wow, you have me beat on the reading! I read 3-4 books a week. But on vacation, I will usually read a book a day too. My DH wanted to buy me an E Reader until I pointed out how much that would cost if I was buying that many books a week. He changed his mind. But as soon as my library started offering ebooks as a check out option I got one. I love the library, it is always one of my very favorite places to go.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!! As if reading the book wasn't wonderful enough, the bookmarks make it even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is soooo cute!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On "Cute Critters” with us!
    Just loved your card,
    and hope to see you back here next week!

    PIO DT
    Lorianna

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love to read but can't keep up with you! Cute bookmarks and love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love these awesome bookmarks, Kelly!! How delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous8/30/2012

    Question for you Kelly: I know that you are a reader of literature...so if I don't have any of the new Riley "Fairy Tale" stamps...does the Harry Potter theme follow in the category of being a Fairy Tale? My kids' teachers say no it's not.

    Do you have any ideas? I thought maybe I could even use a Riley reading a book, but I don't have one of those either!! LOL!! Thanks for any help...just wanted to participate with you all in the Riley challenges. HUGS

    ReplyDelete