1.05.2018

2018: Word of the Year


Hello 2018 ~ it's so nice to meet you!

It's that time of year when many of us
chose a word to use as a mantra.
I usual strive towards finding a word that resonates with the year ahead,
one to inspire, to guide, to encourage me.
I ponder a few, scribble them out, start to narrow them down.
And almost always, I can't seem to find one.

Rather, my words find me

Like last year.

Sitting in church.
Daydreaming away and BAM!
I heard it {Lord!}
 loud.  and.  clear.

This year, it was a quiet understanding with my word and I.
It washed over me one particular day.
It wasn't even a good day.
But, I smiled.
Because I knew.

My word:  Kindness


I see you, little word.
I hear you.
I believe in you.


I chose kindness because on a {what I call} that day,
when the world was shifting, mine was shaking.
And I made a conscious choice to make a difference.
Not just IN the world.
But IN me.

Every morning, I take my son to school.
As I drop him off, I tell him the same 3 things without fail:

  1.  Mommy loves you ♥
2.  Make today count.
   3.  Be kind to everyone.
Like grace at the table and prayers at night, 

I know he lives by these words and his faith and compassion are singular.

The best way to show example is to BE the example!
 

So for the year ahead, some of the kindness aspirations I have are: 
  • I'm recommitting to blogging, visiting YOU, being inspired by your creations and sprinkling kind words!
  • Practicing more random acts of kindness.  I've planned more giveaways :) It's incredibly enriching to bless someone with a surprise, including unannounced ones picked from a kind comment left on my blog on a random day ♥  
  •  Bless your mailbox with card kindness and bringing back SNAIL MAIL!     An actual card, with a postage stamp, on a plane, delivered from me to you!  If I have your address, blessings forthcoming! (if not, let's connect!)  
  • Share more random CRAFTS of kindness!  I've learned so much from this creaitve life and hope to absorb, share, inspire, create and pass it on via YouTube and other forms of craft-happi-ness!
 And so so SO much more!

2018 is beckoning me and I feel it's greatness ♥ 




 We can do this, you and I.
The world seems to be going plum crazy ~
and it needs a whole lotta kindness.

And I'm here to do my part ♥

Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly

12 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! This world of ours needs a whole lot more kindness and hopefully we'll see the day when people begin to realize how far a random act of kindness can go! Have a fabulous day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, your post is just FABULOUS!!! Any word you said is full of sager and beautiful echoes!! Thanks for sharing your lovely and kind words with us!
    As woman and as teacher of young kids, I agree particularly with this you said: "The best way to show example is to BE the example!" How right it is!!
    Word absolutely needs so much good examples!!
    I want share with you this lovely song,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xoim8Hu-Bk
    It's in Italian, but you could read the English translation
    here
    https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Marco-Mengoni/Esseri-umani/translation/english
    Love has won, win and will win :)
    BIG hugs and have a fabulous new year full of kindness and love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your word is fabulous just like you are!!!! My word is Tranquility. I have already worn it out! :) I just say it nice and slowly to myself when I am feeling fragile or my BP has spiked! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly--this entire post makes me smile! I love what you say to your little man every day--what a perfect and proud mama! I think this is a great word for you--however, I am sure that I have been blessed often by your kindness and it will continue into the new year--especially in two weeks! Bless You my Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your word of the year!! That quote: "in a world where you can be anything, be kind" is one of my favorites!! Also, "always be humble and kind". I love the three things you tell your son, too!! Have a great weekend filled with random acts of kindness!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post, Kelly!! Wouldn't our world be a different place is we all chose kindness each and every day??!! I pledge to try very hard to do just that, as well!! Thanks for the reminder, my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful word, Kelly! It epitomizes who you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great word to live by every day, Kelly! I like the fact that your word finds you. Looking forward to 2018 and spreading some kindness of my own. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Kelly. I know you will do a great job of spreading kindness in the year ahead and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly, I love this. I pick 10 random people from my address book every month and send them a random card. Lots of people have told me how much this makes them smile. It's my small version of random kindness. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such an inspiration to us all Kelly! What a great way to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! Love that you give each year a word to live by... great post!

    ReplyDelete