10.19.2020

Guest Designing for the CAS - Fall Scarecrows!

 

Hi friends!

Happy Monday!

Mondays tend to get a bad wrap, I know, 

but it's also a promise of a blessed new week!


Today's card is one I'm SuPeR excited to share

as I'm the first Guest Designer for the CAS challenge at Splitcoaststampers!




Hooray!

I chose a theme last month of "Fall Scarecrows" as this time of year, 

it seems fun to celebrate the softer side of fall ...nothing scary, 

just the sweetness of autumn :)


My Lawn Fawn Happy Harvest got to come out and play again ~

only this time it's on scaled down version.




I started with a panel of blended distress oxides in 

Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade and

 blended with the Taylored Expressions blending brushes.

I cut out a circle in accent opaque white #120 cardstock using a 

stitched circle from Simon Says Stamp.

Once it was behind the circle cut out, I glued it down and quickly tucked in

the scarecrow and then added the crow/sunflowers.



          I didn't use watercolors on this card (photo above is from this card)

instead, I used the copic markers.


This card is just dreamy and again, I just love it!

This is definitely one of my favorite fall stamp sets.

Here's a final look ... taken at sunset :)




                                         Thanks for stopping by!

Big hugs, bigger blessings :)

~Kelly


I'll enter this to:  Word Art Wednesday

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is so cute, Kelly! Great design! Adorable stamps! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable Fall card, Kelly. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, so pretty. Have good and safe week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute and so beautiful Kelly
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite sets! Beautifully done and so cute Kelly!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is adorable Kelly and a gorgeous card.
    Saw a Professor about my nose problem, at our local Hospital last Wednesday. I told him about your daughter having had the same problem. I had 5 files of blood taken and he is going to book me an appointment for an MRI scan. And so it goes on!!!! Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, sweet card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty Kelly - love your blended background and the way you have used this sweet image. A gorgeous creation
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww....Cuteness indeed, Kelly!! Really sweet, soft and dreamy! Adorable! And LOVE the pink shade of the sunset shot on white :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly!
    This is SO super cute. I also own this same stamp set and I love it (even though I forget to use it most of the time). Darling! Great photo, great stamping and coloring, and just overall SO fun. Thank you for sharing your amazing talents with us. it means SO much to me that you take the time to link up with us. I hope you're having a blessed week, and hope that God is blessing you and keeping you safe and healthy.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
    P.S. Please let me know if you'd like to Guest Design for me sometime in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I love the bright colors and you did the CAS theme proud with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious design with these adorable autumn images, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete