5.28.2017

CYS: Amazing You!


Good morning, friends!

  It's the 28th of the month ~
 the day the Challenge Your Stash friends post our cards with a chosen theme.
This month's theme is from our hostess, Terry L:
 "Use your favorite floral stamp."



Confession .... shhhh!
I don't have a favorite!
I did, however, finally ink up a floral stamp set that I LOVE ♥
I took advantage of Altenew's free shipping and sale awhile ago
and scooped up two of the stamp sets: Amazing You and A Splash of Color
I'm glad I finally got to pull them out and ink them up,
gently nudged from Terry's floral theme!

I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE art fan ~
 especially the works of impressionist Monet and post-impressionist Seurat.
**Swoon!**
I think that's why I was drawn to the watercolor/splotchy look. 

My card is inspired by one I saw somewhere on Pinterest ...
I couldn't find the original poster again (as soon as I do, I'll link it up!)
Her card inspired me to mix both of these stamps to create a very 'artsy' look.
It was a bit of a labor of love but so. much. fun!
So I made 3!
  

 My oldest daughter LOVES Alice in Wonderland and said it reminded her
of the playing cards (guards) running around painting the roses red!
The background for this one is a ruby red/dark pink.



 Here is another flower in the stamp set, and the card base in yellow.



I'll add this pink card to the Altenew inspiration challenge :)


Thank you, Terry, for your wonderful floral theme!
Your CYS nudged me to get these out and finally ink them up ~
no longer sitting in my *please use me bin!*


May your day bloom with wonder,
and remember,
 you are amazing!

Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards, so artistic! Love the splash of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o what beautiful and happy cards Kelly
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 'artsy' flowers are wonderful!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are all so artistic and gorgeous, Kelly!! I love the designs!! They look amazing!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful, love the simplicity and the jolly colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very arty and I love these Kelly..really awesome.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, Love, Love your cards Kelly. The colors just pop off of the page and I love the sentiments you picked! Great job on the use your stash challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of bold bright cards! Very cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three gorgeous arty cards. Love the colours and designs. Brilliant!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these cards Kelly! So glad you used all the images! The colors you used are so bright and cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh kelly these are amazing - When I saw one if IG I thought you had splattered the background...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss this set!! How awesome, Kelly!! I love the bright splats of color over your bold flower outlines!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in love with art too and watercolors are a fave though I don't use it much. You have inspirted me to try something later today. Love love love these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! I'm speechless! Stunning isn't an adequate word to describe these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really beautiful set of cards Kelly. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fabulous trio of cards! I love the wonderful images! I do not think I have ever seen these mages either : ) I think it so wonderful to see the images done up in more than one color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, these are really so pretty. Love the "splotches" of color - they just work so well with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful flowery cards !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete