10.23.2010

I love EWE muchly! :)

*For the Deedee's Digis Blog Hop,
 please see previous post!*

It's sensational Saturday with SCH and I love EWE muchly!





It's Saturday, and that means another fabulous SCH post for you! I hope this post launches as scheduled as by now I'm down at a farm with real sheep!  :)   Today my son and some of his Kindergarten friends are all heading to a local farm for pumpkin patch pickins, scarecrow building, hayrides and more - a fun outing we do every year as a family and this year bringing along some new friends.

This week at SCH, we were asked to make a card using the primitive sheep digi ~ a fun image to work with.  Using an easel card, I paired this lovely sheep with various sheets of dsp to create a grouping of primitive papers but in holiday colors.  I am so in love with Tracy's country crinkle ribbon, I had to buy one of each of the new holiday colors!  I'm envisioning the holiday cards I will make with my new green and red ribbon and just might actually accomplish getting my cards done early!  The poinsetta and BG button, twine and ric-rac were all
items I had one hand. 

Would you like to see what the
rest of the DT made using Primitive
Sheep and Christmas Cardinal?
Take a peek here and see all
the wonderful cards - it will definitely get you in the mood for starting your holiday cards!

Blessings,
~Kelly

Deets: SU! Cranberry crisp, Black; DSP from SU, Basic Grey, Making Memories:  Image: Sugar Creek Hollow; Country Crinkle ribbon from SCH; BG Button, RIc-rac, origami twine; MM poinsetta & brad; red prang marker; tombo

26 comments:

  1. Jiminy Cricket this is awesome! I adore easel cards but this one is one the most beautiful I have ever seen! You are so talented at putting colors and designs together to get the maximum punch! Who would not jump with joy and delight at receiving such a magnificent piece of art!! You rate a triple "wowzer"!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! I hope you all have a wonderful day out playing at the farm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! Your layout is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun easel card...I have never made one....you've inspired me. (LOL!) Beautiful color choices and love the simplicity of the focal image. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very b"ewe"tiful...i love all the extras...you share the best cards ever

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect holiday card!! The ribbon and button combo are perfect!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how gorgeous! Fabulous card Mrs. Kelly. I LOVE the papers and the sweet country image. Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohmygoodness..this is sooo darnnnnnnnnn cuuuuuuuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
    It brought a smile to my face...I LUV it!!! love the sweet image w/ a patched heart,looovveeeeeeeeeeee the colors used and that ribbon.,...oh soo totally ssweeetttt card!!
    PS enjoy all thatyour 'farm day'w/family and friends has to offer...*fun fun fun*! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love all the red elements and how it draws your eye back to the main image. Fabulous!

    Hugz,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous easel card. I love the papers you have chosen and all those wonderful red elements.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great holiday card!
    Hope you had a great day at the farm!
    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so crisp and clean, love the Dp you picked to go with the sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous card, so love the country look and feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Kelly, this just shouts spectacular! Your photo is just awesome and I love your colors, they are so dynamic!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  15. THis is such a show stopper with all the pop of color you have used. I never have any luch with an easle card but it looks like you have it mastered.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute and very country looking! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Kelly! I love easel cards and this is delightful with this darling sheep as the focal point. Love the touch of ric rac ribbon and your papers are so pretty and perfect for this primitive image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love that lamb and your paper choice is just PERFECT with this card!! That ribbon is super too. I haven't tried crinkle ribbon before (or even seen it for sale).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kelly this is so stinkin' cute! I love it! Easel cards are so much fun and yours is awesome! All of the accents from the DP to the ribbon and button just keep the focus on that darling little sheep! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoa, Kelly! This is fantabulous! Your paper choices couldn't be more perfect for this image, and I love the easel cards! This is stunning in the traditional red and green colors! Beautiful paper crafty goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is FANTASTIC! Very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW...I LOVE this card. The colors and paper is perfect for this sweet image! Ewe did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute card. I love the DP and how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous10/27/2010

    Adorable card Kelly! It's just wonderful and I love love love the colors :)

    Love you muchly too :)

    ReplyDelete