3.15.2016

DDD ~ For the Dogs :)


Oh friends ~ 
 I'm PAW-sitive you will love what the Dueling Darlings are posting today!
I promise our "for the dogs" cards will be
 a tail waggin', face lickin', belly scratchin' good time!


Carol is the Divas' hostess this month and Shelly is the Dazzlers' hostess ~
their incredibly fun theme is:  For the Dogs!  
I LOVE this theme! ♥
They shared that:  "we searched the weird holidays for March. 
On the 10-13 it is Crufts--the worlds largest dog show and on the 23rd is National Puppy day....
.thus leading for the theme "for the dogs".

Carol and Shelly, this is perfect!
We are H-U-G-E doggie fans in our home ....
Buddy is my little sidekick and Buster, our rescue dog from a busy Miami highway, has equally stolen our hearts :)
 Dogs are LIFE ♥
Carol sent us several darling image choices ~ so hard to pick,
so I colored up the first one, Bugawumps Schnauzer
(could that name be any cuter!)




Now here's where my card really started going to the dogs ....
I couldn't cover up the puppies on the designer paper!

I.  Just.  Could.  Not.

I felt so bad ... isn't that crazy?!!
I couldn't cut it the paper.
I couldn't pick a side to use and cover up another.
I just wanted to pet the paper and smooch all over it!
Knowing I wouldn't have a card for today,
I finally got my act together, LOL.
I fussy cut the pup, colored it up with prismacolor markers
and 3D popped it off the card ...

And you know,
I love love LOVE my card ♥
I don't say don't that often ....
but this one makes my heart smile :)  
 
 And the inside of the card:
  


  They also posed a question for the challenge:
 Did you have a pet dog when you were growing up? 
Yep, almost always!
Our first family dog that I remember was a sweet Collie named Holly.
I was just 5, my brother 6, and my parents adopted her
 after we arrived at a new military base.
We were kids of the 70's and she followed us like a second shadow,
sweet and kind and as loving to us kids as one could hope for in a dog.
Bless her heart ♥

Now it's time to see what the other darlings have created!
You can find their blogs in my side bar →
I hope today is a playful one!

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings ♥
~Kelly
 
 

23 comments:

  1. I love your card Kelly. I like that you fussy cut so you could showcase the wonderful DSP. Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Kelly, just like you, I love love love your card! It's adorable, cuteness, tail-wagging, belly-scratching fun!

    Holly sounds like a good childhood shadow, too.

    Thanks for Dueling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card - with all those darling poochies! Love the diagonal cut, inside and out! That DP is adorable, can see why you had a problem cutting it! That little schnauzer is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card - with all those darling poochies! Love the diagonal cut, inside and out! That DP is adorable, can see why you had a problem cutting it! That little schnauzer is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this wonderful, fun doggy card Kelly it is a big hit with me
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just spent the whole morning clipping and bathing my dog who looked pretty shaggy after a long cold winter! Now he would fit in perfectly with this pack of precious pups!! I love this sensational card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very very cute! I think you came up with just the right solution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kels, loving how you used the darling dsp and that adorable schnauzer image to create this "doggone" cute card! Those angled papers both inside and out really create a dynamic design. So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kelly, I love, love. LOVE your card as well. I giggled when you said you couldn't cut the paper or cover over the doggies...lol ..You really stepped up to the challenge though with your card. It is awesome and I love the layout. So happy you picked the schnauzer and colored him up so perfectly....Great job on this card my friend. So glad we are duelers....mwahhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I love, love it, Kelly!! You did a perfect job with that sweet image!! The paper is so awesome (or should I say paw-some ;)!! I wouldn't have been able to cut it, either!! This makes me smile my friend!! I just adore it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Kelly - love how you have fussy cut, coloured and popped this wee fellow up.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWE!! What a cutie pie he is!! :) I just love how you've got him popped up on your design and those papers go perfectly with him too!! So adorable!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card Kelly and so glad you didnt cover the puppies on the paper
    Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card, Kelly! Love how you paired those patterned papers; the contrast really draws me right in to that adorable pup! Loved hearing about Holly the Collie :) So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun and cute! I love all the adorable dog houses and of course the main attraction of that precious pup!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun fun image- love that you popped it up and used the DP with the pups too- it is perfect- love that you did not want to cover up the fun pups too. Your layout is wonderful as well. And, the inside is awesome too- love that you mirrored the layout inside as well. Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how fun! The dp makes it look like a doggy neighborhood, and the Schnauzer is in charge! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are so perfectly cute! Thanks for showing them on Paperminutes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this card is adorable Kelly! It's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is soooo cute, Kelly!! Great job coloring the pup and showcasing that awesome paper!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a fab card! I used the same pup. He almost looks angry and made me laugh! The DP is great and you featured it well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so adorable!! We don't have a pet but this is too cute!

    ReplyDelete