3.17.2016

It's a GREEN Challenge!

 

Hi ya'll!
Today is all about Green!  

I know, sounds like a country cookin' channel, right?
Get out a big 'ol bowl,
grab some collards, some kale, some spinach ...
{↑ all super yummy!}
... and let's talk green!

It's actually challenge time at The Ink Spot!
Our challenge is to use the color green on our cards.

I love this challenge
because I love green!

 My.  favorite.  color.  EVER!!


 So here's what I came up with using Schoolgirl Sophie
and the funnybones sentiment 'winky faces'.
I might add ~ my teenage daughter saw this card,
started busting up laughing and snap-chatted it to all her friends
with "true story!" added on.

well then!
I actually remade this card 3 times :/
It wasn't until I finally took out the green background
and added in a little touch of light blue that it finally came together :)
Whew!








 I hope you are inspired to head over to


The Ink Spot and see 6 fabulous stamp stores all in one place!
 

You can also see my DT teammates + their pretty green cards, too!

Now that I'm done with my card, I can get back to cookin!
Maybe some broccoli and turnip greens ...
(but no brussell sprouts,  those are yucky!! hee hee!)

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

15 comments:

  1. Adorable card. The sentiment is too cute. I love the shade of green you used. Green is one of my favorite colors! Happy St Paddy's day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, I love this!! What a fabulous sentiment!! I love that you added a touch of blue...it makes Riley-ette (not sure what the female Riley is called!!) stand out!! The design is fabulous!! Happy Green day, or as we Irish say, St. Patty's Day :) Big hugs my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Kelly - the colours are great and that sentiment - yeah well I sort of agree ;-). Love your scalloped edges.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Great design and I love that sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, your card is cuteness X a million! Love the papers and the way you placed the candy dots... WOW! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sophie with her bows and green plaid skirt! And that fabulous sentiment speaks to the truth about what many kids are learning in schools these days!! Super fun card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this? She's adorable and that sentiment is way to much fun! Oh, and I'm totally with you on the brussel sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Riley cards always put a huge smile on my face, and esp this St Patty's plaid kilt day! And, it sounds like an Irish malarkey kind of thing to say too- love the sentiment. Mmmm, made brussel sprouts night before last-yummy : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very adorable! You have such a gift for adding layers but still keeping the card "clean"...such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll agree with the sentiment!!! LOL! So fun and cute. You already know how much I love Riley too. Great design.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Great sentiment. Love it. And fabulous card with such an adorable image, colors, and design. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. tee hee, it must be a St. Patty's for this adorable Riley design!! Super cute Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card!! Love the saying! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another adorable card with an adorable sentiment! So good to finally know what that semi-colon is!

    ReplyDelete