7.19.2018

RSG: My flowery friends in the springtime!


Hello friends!

It's springtime on my blog today!
There's a new theme for the Ready, Set, Go Challenge ~
a mountain of a challenge that Barb, Jeanette and I climb 
every third Wednesday of month.


These challenges are typically 'out of the box'
(some would say not for the faint of heart, LOL)
It's wildly creative and always tons of fun!

This month it's a spin off of Barb's fantastic theme last month
which I loved so much!
My husband - fresh out of surgery and quite loopy -
had me laughing with a rendition of Groundhog's Day :)

 Jeanette's challenge was similar in that we three - Barb, Jeanette and I - 
asked each other 3 questions and created our card based on the reply.

Since Barb was my partner, this is what she said:

1.  What is your favorite season?  Spring!
2.  What is the first word that comes to mind when I say the word fun?  Friends!
3.  What is your favorite embellishment to use on cards?  Ribbon!




Such a sweet theme, Barb!
You made this month's card easy!
 I chose my Hello Bluebird stamps for 2 reasons:
It's a springtime stamp set and it has 3 little animals friends ♥

For the friends element, I colored the bunny, lamb and kitty
using my promarkers.
Spring is represented by the springtime paper called Welcome Spring
by American Crafts and I've created little hills with it.
Finally, the ribbon was tucked behind the trio as green grass.
I stamped a sentiment onto the cardstock from another stamp set.

Thank you, Barb, for your wonderful answers ~
it was a lot of fun to create this card with YOU in mind!
 You can see Barb's card here and Jeanette's card here. 

I'm up for next month ~ and need to put my thinking cap back on!
Stay tuned! :)

Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

 

17 comments:

  1. Kelly, you captured Barb's answers perfectly on this ADORABLE card! Such cute images and fun design! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. o so cute and gorgeous Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... Pure sweetness on this card! :) I just adore these cuties, they are delightful!! Love how you coloured them and the white lines (gel pen?) look great! The ribbon grass is so creative and beautiful sweet sentiment! This card will make someone happy! :D
    Hugs, have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and fun! Love your card Kelly.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring has sprung!!! With some fun! It's a very cute card Kelly and love the little critters. A great design. We are actually having a summer here and have not seen any rain for a couple of months. The grass is now yellow and I have to water my pots of flowers every day. It has been 29 - 30 degrees (C) and next week even hotter!! Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! The sentiment makes me think how I really need to get out some "just because" cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is absolutely adorable with those cute characters and big flowers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These little characters are so adorable and you've colored them just perfectly. The pretty little spring rolling hills are so fun! Loving the frame and the ribbon grass too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word these critters are so so cute!! LOVE your adorable Spring scene you've created here Kelly! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Great job with your challenge!
    My answers would have been spring
    for fun My crafting nigh at my house
    and ribbon would be the answer for me too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kelly what a fun and fabulous card - love how you have incorporated all your elements, especially the ribbon 'grass'
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly--I love your card. These are such cuties and I really like how you used the ribbon. Sweet Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute and what an awesome way to get inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this sweet trio and their fun balloon flowers!! Such a precious card, Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your animals are adorable! The way you paired them with the paper in the background is exceptional. You put a lot of effort in this card

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun and sweet too! I love the fun animal Fiends with their feet in the soft green Grass on a lovely Spring day!

    ReplyDelete