10.25.2018

CCEE 1843: One Layer Only!


Hi friends!

Do you know what happens when you get out of bed and trip on your pajamas and face plant on the floor, hitting the furniture on the way down?
.... asking for a friend! 
\0~0/



That's exactly what I did on Monday ~ yikes!
Nothing broken, PTL, just a lot of bruising and discomfort 
from that very klutzy moment ~ tripping and landing on the floor - and the dog!
I now have a sprained wrist, busted up knee and a hip with a huge hematoma
but it could have been worse! 
Definitely counting my blessings ♥

And Halloween is next week
We have plans to walk around, visiting the neighbors,
enjoying all the costumes and shout outs of Trick 'O Treat :)
  
 Speaking of Halloween,
The theme for the CCEE Stampers this week, brought to us by Joanne.
In her words:   

Many of the CCEE Stampers do fabulously wonderful fancy fold cards. Our October hostess,  says this is not her thing. Today Joanne Grzelak is challenging  the CCEE Stampers to make a true one layered card....no paper layers, no popups, no embellishments. All the work must be done directly on the base layer. Embossing is fine, of course.
 
I did a simple blending and masking with my Ranger Distress Oxide Inks:
picked raspberry, worn lipstick and squeezed lemonade
and the super duper, very fun My Favorite Things 
Happy Haunting stamp set (now retired) 


To create it, I started with masking off the costume cuties.
I blended on top of the masked areas - I used post it notes for simplicity.
Next, I stamped a matching sentiment from the set in Momento Tuxedo Ink,
then colored them with my prismacolor markers.
In hindsight {note to self!}, next time I will heat emboss the sentiment!
 
Funny thing!
Halloween is my least favorite holiday and 
I next to NEVER send Halloween cards out.
I just don't ....
and yet this year, I've needed to send quite a few.
I hope the person this is heading to enjoys the card ..
I absolutely had a blast making it :) 


Be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the DT has created ~
you'll be amazed!


Thanks for stopping by!
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

18 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I can relate to your pain, DH went through something very similar about 6 weeks or so ago and is only just recovering now. Don't overdo things and hope you feel better soon. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I hope you are feeling much better soon, Kelly. Ouch. Your card is gorgeous!! The colors are amazing!! I love the little trick or treaters!! Feel better!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Kelly... who needs papers and embellishments and fancy folds!?!? This card is AMAZING!!!

    Now about that tumble. Ouch! Heal fast... and don't do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect Halloween card for a toddler....just cuteness all over and no horrible ghosts or goblins to scare them. Well done, Kelly....feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness, you didn't break any bones or a hip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Early morning technical difficulties. My fingers seem to be hitting the wrong keys. I love the way you have used these oxide inks. You know they are my favorite. What gorgeous colors you used, and those tricker or treaters are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the brightness of these adorable trick-or-treaters, Kelly, with your bold Distress Oxide background!! What a precious Halloween card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun is this with all its bright colors and cute little trick-or-treaters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so weird you said that Kelly, I just took an unpleasant fall down our stairs and injured my neck! No fun! I'm there with you GF!!
    Gosh, I just LOVE that amazing background you've blended on your cute Halloween one layer card! Stunning make! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, such a blessing you haven't had something broken!!! Surely hasn't been a sweet morning...!!! So glad you have only some little pains (and hope also that your dog is safe the same). I wish you a speedy recovery!!!
    Your Halloween card is a delight with those cute characters and the fabulous blended vibrant colours!!!
    Biggest hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Kelly!!!! You really have to do a big job on yourself!! Thank goodness you didn't actually break any bones!! A brilliant fun card but like you, I don't do Halloween. Take it easy whilst you heal. Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get well soon!! Beautiful one layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card! Love those images and the masking, of course! So sorry to hear about your "trip". Hope you are soon back to "snuff"!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great little fun card - Halloween without the witches and bats!! A real nice treat! The coloring is fantastic. Hope you're up for trick or treating by Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about your fall. Hope all is just fine now.
    I can so relate! I tripped over a cord, and did a belly flop on my hard wood floors...there was nothing near by to grab onto. (Don't ask how much PT I had to do with this "Belly" Flop!!!) I'm thankful that I didn't have any broken bones either...but it may have been the reason for my torn rota-tor cuff in my shoulder!

    Enough of that... One layer cards are my least favorite to make.
    But you did a fabulous job making one. I must get out my new Oxide inks (I have yet to try them) but you sure have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Outstanding Card--I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete