1.01.2019

2019: Word of the Year




Hello 2019!

It's a new year, a fresh start, the beginning of a beautiful journey!

Each year, and for the past 7 years on my blog,
I have a Word of the Year that's purposeful ~
one that inspires and encourages me to do better ...
BE better.

 What I love about this year's word?
Like many of them in the past, I didn't choose it ...
it chose me :)
In the wonderful way the word tilts and turns,
somehow we find each other, my word and I,
 and
  I. just. know. 

See .... I had a word.
A different one.
I loved that word!
 I remember seeing it and thinking "Yes! That's the one!"

Last week, I was at home about to leave
and I looked back at my beautiful family.
In our home, there is a lot of laughter and love abounds!
As I stood in the doorway and glimpsed  
at their belly-laughing, side-splittin', good time havin' moment,
 I almost gasped.
There it was.


Gift.

 The word itself just warms my heart ♥
Each and every single day, we are given moments so precious.
I love seeing how He works through me, guiding and teaching,
and making it so crystal clear in one quick glance what He wants me to know.

 2018 was whirlwind but filled with grace and beauty.
 I also learned sometimes I didn't always see what was right in front of me.
Where I saw dismay, there was joy.
Where I saw heartbreak, there was blessedness.
Where I thought I was gracefully unbroken, I was being given a gift!
I just wasn't looking.


According to Merriam-Webster, gift is described as:
- a thing given willingly to someone without payment, a present.
- natural ability or talent.

In reading this, I know that both not only apply to me,
and my intentions for 2019, 
I cherish it!
yes.
this is my word ♥

 In keeping with tradition and carrying my WOTY into my crafty goals,
 I've set ones that are attainable and giftable!
.
My crafty goals for 2019: 
.
1.  Christmas cheer all year!
  Oh How December was a blur for me!
It was one big 900 mph, fueled by Starbucks month of merry madness!
I was SO BLESSED to receive so many beautiful cards and happy mails,
and yet I was only able to make cards for my family.
This year, I'll be focusing on holiday cards all year long!
So it might be Easter or 4th of July and you'll see Santa on my blog! :)
.


2.  52 card challenge (not the real name!) :)
Starting this week, you'll see a themed card that will start off
a whole year of cards, one a week for 52 weeks!
I won't spoil the surprise but I'm super excited!
 My family and I had a hilarious contest to come up with the name 
for the 52 cards challenge and mine actually won :)
*insert fist bump!* 
.
 3. One Plus Twelve 
Although the name sounds like a posh boutique, it's a stamp, paper and ink!
I've picked one stamp that I will use all year long, once a month,
as a personal challenge to see how many ways I can use that one stamp creatively!
I've named it One Plus Twelve =  one stamp + 12 months! 
.

4.  James 1:17
'Every good and perfect gift is from above'
This is the scripture I've chosen for this year to go along with my word.
We each have a gift, a talent, to share with someone.
Sometimes my itty bitty brain gets filled up with things I want to do!
I'll spend this year aimed at gifting more.
  .
 As we start a new chapter in a brand new year,
it's a gift to my heart knowing we are on this journey!
 2019 is here!
It's in plain view - for us to see, encompass, believe in.
Gift.
Live yours ♥

Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly

13 comments:

  1. Love your word of the year and great goals for 2019. I really need to think of some myself. I want to join a new design team, learn some new techniques, and meet new crafty friends, but other than that I really need to think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post and a wonderful word of the year!! And your goals are fabulous, too!! Happy New Year, Kelly!! I hope 2019 is a great one for you!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I love your word! And your post... your way with words is amazing, my friend! Here's to a great year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such amazing post, Kelly!! Great goals for the new year!!! I too need making cards all the year long, because I too have been able to make cards only for family!
    Love your word of the year, life IS a gift itself :)
    Happy New Year, beautiful soul! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly--this post just makes me smile and puts a happy tear or two in my eyes. You are a gift to your many friends and of course your family! I am so excited to see what 2018 brings to you and how you are able to share it with us. I am also excited to participate in one of your challenges--one plus twelve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful word and goals! Your gift to me is your inspiration - thank you for that! Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post and very thoughtful!! Looks like a fabulous word to me and a stunning goal set! Best wishes for a very happy, healthy and crafty New Year in 2019 friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's strange that you should choose this word, as it is one I use quite a lot. When I am at craft fairs selling my makes, people often say to me that I am very clever. My reply always is, I am not clever, I am just using a gift that I was given. And that my daughter also has that gift, as she is a Graphic Designer and a publishing manager for a holiday company's brochures. So she has used the 'Gift'. Not everyone is aware that they have a gift or that they use it for themselves or for the people around them. Big hugs and blessings for 2019, Carol S.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Kelly! What a touching and marvelous post! I love your word for the year. The first thing that comes to my mind for the word, GIFT, is our gift of Jesus Christ and our salvation, if we so choose. I am sure you understand that. I agree with Carol that not everyone is aware they are blessed with a gift. The gifts I have all come from my Father in Heaven! I want to thank you for the thoughtful words you shared as it causes one to pause and give thought to what the word, gift, means to him/her. Kelly, may you be blessed with a marvelous year of sharing your wonderful gifts. The goals you conveyed for yourself are wonderful! You have a great mind, and I love your spirit! Big Hugs, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year and sending lots of health and happiness your way.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great word Kelly! Every day, every moment, every person in our lives is a gift. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kelly, what a wonderful post - I am sure hoping that 2019 is not so blurry and you can sit and savour the moments that are gifted to you.
    My word for this year is Health - spirit, soul and body. I was not looking for a word, but a conversation with God gave me the above - and I am journalling it too - eek, I don't 'do' creative journalling!
    Blessings to you and yours for the year ahead
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous choice, Kelly!! What will I do with the gift of today??? I wasted yesterday and might not have tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete