7.09.2019

3M: Take Me Home, Country Roads ............


Hi friends!

It's the 9th day of the month which means it's time
for a new card creation with the Three Musketeers!
This month, as the July hostess,
 I had the honor of choosing the stamp.
Since it's summer, and many are traveling or are on holiday,
I thought it would be fun to color this Stampendous travel trailer!



One thing that brings me great joy is traveling.
Oh the places I'd go!
I have wanderlust ~ no doubt about it.
In fact, that's my favorite word ♥






 A little confession!
I really had no idea what to do with this stamp :/
I did have fun coloring all of those little states across America!

I remember years of watching dad read the old Rand McNally maps
to get us from here to there and everywhere in between.
Long LONG before GPS and iPhones and Siri helping with navigation ;)


I channeled the memory of those colorfully planned atlas/maps
and did a multi-colored USA and carried the color scheme through-out the card. 
Second, this stamp is HUUUUUUUGE!


  I kept the card clean and simple and A2 size ~
the stamp alone is 4" x 5.25" ... pretty large!

 It's colored with prismacolor markers and the card front is popped up
on 3D foam ~
so from the side, this is a pretty thick card.
 
Since we are the 3 Musketeers,
you can see Barb's card here and Jeanette's card here with this stamp.
Every month, we post something new and different ..
it's always a surprise and iit's like a little treat in the mailbox each monnth!

 
Jeanette, Barb, me! ↑
 
I hope this summer gives you the chance to hit the open roads,
take a little time out for traveling (or a lot!) 
 I'm lucky to be able to micro-adventure around our diverse city and state ♥

I'll be canoeing in our tropical mangroves instead of white wate rafting,
rock climbing with a lead belay (my daughter!) instead of mountain hiking,
and I won't make it to the Taj Mahal but I can make it to The Mall :)

Thanks for stopping by :)
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Kelly, your choice of stamps was so much fun! Thank you for taking us on a trip! ;) And your card - WOW! When I grow up I want to be able to color like you! Your card is such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image for us to color up this month! I love the colors you picked and the detail in your card. Thanks for sending this to us and letting us travel the states in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with the beautiful image. Would love to travel with this car throughout all the states.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow. Truly a labor of love, but so worth it. I too love traveling and I was the navigator back in the day using my maps. I just love this card. It really speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous stamp and card Kelly. I was thinking of John Denver's song when I saw you heading..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fantastic card Kelly. It reminds me of the roadtrips we did in the US in 2012 and 2017. I'd love to do another and visit some more of the states that we haven't done yet. We did cheat though as we stayed in hotels.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this!! My whole childhood and teen years were road/camping trips across the USA!! Love, love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your map image is brilliant and love the colours. We used to travel a lot when I was young child and I loved travelling, even when I was older. Now at my age, I still get the urge to travel, as we did in May and June but loved coming home more. The weather here at the moment is rubbish at the moment and quite cold. Have a happy week. Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun stamp and fun card! I really enjoyed reading your blog. My family traveled every summer when I was growing up and we did a lot of traveling with our children. Now we are going on vacation with them and our grandchildren. It's always a fun time! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I appreciate your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and what a fun stamp. I actually prefer those travel atlases, but to purchase one nowadays is really expensive! But I feel like I know where I am going better using that than my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You picked such a fabulous image, Kelly!! The car and trailer are such iconic Americana!! Sensational card for all of us who long to be "on the road again!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one big stamp and a brilliant image-we don't drive but remember the days out we had with SIL and her husband -her 4 children and our 2 all sat in the back of an estate car no seat belts then!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete