5.03.2022

The ONE new in '22 ~ May!

 

Hello friends!


I'm still here!

It's time for my very favorite challenge ~ One Plus Twelve!

This card series is where I take one stamp

(and JUST one stamp)

and create a card twelve times - one for each month.


Meet Miss May!

(in other words, the May 2022 card!) 

I've chosen the butterfly stamp from PInk Fresh Studio:





For this month, I channeled a beautiful yellow butterfly that befriended

me while my mom was in the hospital recovering.  

It came to the tree outside the window every day, 

dancing with the joy of life.  

I'm a very spirtiful personal and do believe strongly in symbolism ... 

I see dragonflies and know they are from my dad, butterflies are my mom.



So, once again I stamped right onto designer paper

 because I wasn't able to bring a stack of markers with me. 

 This one is just as lovely as can be

and I do love the bright pop of yellow and the florals  :)

I also used the Hero Arts butterfly background die and tore it

for a collage-y look, giving it some 'drama!'



This card doesn't have a sentiment 

as it will be an all purpose type card.

My friends, Barb and Jeanette, are joining me this year

in the challenge and you can see their cards on their blogs.


If you'd like to see the real butterfly in flight

that inspired my card, you can see it here on my Instagram.


Thanks for stopping by!

Crafty hugs,
Kelly


6 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best for your Mum health, Kelly! Touching words about dragonflies and butterflies, I know what you mean. Amazing card and love the torn paper with butterflies on the back too!
    Hugs, love and peace on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post Kelly, I love the story of the dragonflies and butterflies in relation to your Mum and Dad, so very poignant, and your card is stunning, gorgeous colours and the butterfly is so beautiful, fabulous design too.
    Thanks you for your visit today, and I hope your Mum's health improves soon, take care, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card with all of the spring colors. Praying for your mom's recovery and for you and your loved ones. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kelly this is stunning - love the torn cover plate diecut - that is fabulous! I saw the yellow butterfly on IG - what a beautiful touch from God to comfort you in such a difficult time
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is stunning. I am so blessed to be a part of this fun trio and I do know that God was looking over you along with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty! I love the yellow butterfly!

    ReplyDelete