6.28.2023

Techniques on Tuesday - Spotlight/Reverse Spotlight


 Hi friends!


Today on my blog I'm sharing 2 cards 

using Sketch Flowers by Simon Says Stamp!




As part of my creative week,

 I'm introduching Techniques on Tuesdays ~

every other Tuesday.


You can watch the video on YouTube here:


Techniques on Tuesdays is a great way to revisit

cardmaking ideas and techniques that we have have forgotten about.

What's old is new again!

For Episode 1, I've used the spotlight / reverse spotlight technique

and just love the simplicity of how it looks

yet it really has a WOW factor!


Here's card 1:



and card 2:


With the spotlight technique,

I kept the die cut panel where the circles were pulled from.

This way, it's easy to use the panel for a reverse spotlight

and I was able to create a second card.

Easy, unique and in under 10 minutes I created 2 birthday cards!



Thanks for stopping by!


 Lots of love!

~Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful work Kelly - you have inspired me to use that technique again
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two amazing cards, Kelly - I really like the spotlight look on these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Absolutely fabulous!! Love so much the idea, two cards at the price of one and no waste!! :D Amazing bold colours!!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, dear Kelly! So glad having you again on Blogland! :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete