10.28.2012

The Colors of the Wind :)




Hi there!  It's the 28th of the month and that means the Calendar Girls are posting our cards based on the challenge from our hostess, Tami!  And she challenged us indeed!  I had SO MUCH FUN with her challenge!  I knew immediately what I was going to make as I was in full craft mode with my daughter, Chrissy, in my mind.  {I have been making a lot of cards for my children lately!}  She recently applied for a prestigious singing group in our area that held auditions and one of the 3 songs they gave her to sing was a Disney Musical.  She chose "Pocahontas ~ Colors of the Wind" with a soprano twist  :)  She did wonderful and she was chosen the same day without a call back -  We are so proud of her!  I created the card with a reflection of her (the blonde girl!) and the sentiment inside are the words from the song :)

Back to the challenge!  I did my very, very best to keep up with the hefty requirements!  I had actually accomplished it until I went a little happy with my buttons ~ I just couldn't resist!!  Buttons make me smile :)  So I guess I won't Pass Go or collect $200! :p  

Here is what Tami challenged us this month:

We are all about the month of October! I have three little challenges for the girls this month.
It is the tenth month of the year, so please have exactly ten ( 10 ) items on your card. No more, no less! The ten items do not include your card base. Your image stamped on a piece of card stock is counted as one item. 
Our due date is the 28th. So, that is going to require two ( 2 ) circles needed on each card and a minimum of eight ( 8 ) different colors. 
Are you scared yet?! LOL Start taking a peek….there are a lot of different elements and colors on our cards! I am so looking forward to what you all create, as I do each month.
I love my Calendar Girls!
Tami (Miss October)






Layers are such a joy for me ~ I love me some layers!  And I originally read that the card must have 10 layers  {oopsie!} so from the base to the image it has exactly 10 - no more, no less, LOL!   For my 2 circles I included the yellow button in the flower center and her necklace {then got happy with more buttons!} and my 8 different colors are: 3 different browns, blue, orange, green, cream and white!  I chose this image from Lori Boyd Designs as the moment I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for my lil Pocahontas :*)  This is little sweet Feather - isn't she sweet!

And since Barb says the inside of the card doesn't count *grin* I continued the theme inside as I usually do - that's my favorite part :)  She was so tickled with her card ~ her little brother put it together with the flowers he gathered from the garden to congratulate her when she got back home :)

Thank you, Tami, for the challenge this month!  Be sure to stop by and see what the other CG's did with their 10-2-8 challenge cards and you can find them right over there on my sidebar!  I hope I did your challenge justice, Tami - I sure loved it and Chrissy did, too!

 Big hugs,
 Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly 


Entered into:  LBD Challenge - Thankful!

36 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job with this challenge. Your DP is so nice and the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Kelly and quite a challenge!! Well done.
    Stay safe in the storm - will be praying for you.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!!! love all the colors and the buttons, good luck, it's a winner to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations to your daughter! Adorable card and perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your daughter! Your card is adorable and is perfect to congratulate her. I love all your buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Kelly--I love the image and the colors are outstanding. And, of course, the inside is perfect--thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful! love the layers and colors and sweet image and sentiment inside

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Kelly and congratulations to your daughter. You did a bang up job of getting all the elements from the challenge into your card. PS. Thanks for your patience in leaving comments for me on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card. Your coloring of the image is beautiful and your DP goes with this card perfectly. I share your love of layers, so I love to see the layers. Beautiful job on the inside as well...as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great card for her! Congratulations to her on getting her part. That is so great. Love that you put the lyrics inside the card too. I bet you can't wait for opening night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wowowowowowowowowowowwwwww!!!
    This card is STUNNINGGGG! wha an adorable image it is and colored flawlessly-as your usual-♥
    Your d/ps are fabulous too and I am sure Chrissy was delighted to receive such lovely gift from your heart...ongratulations on all of her accomplishments and KUDOS to you too my friend...LOVE IT!!!
    (now I can pick up my jaw from the floor....) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect! I am always in awe of your talent (and that of your children)!

    I took creative license with counting also....lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the kind words on my blog. Your card is precious. What a sweet image and your choice of soft colors is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First off... CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRISSY!!! How exciting to be chosen even before callbacks!

    And your card... Kelly, it is BEAUTIFUL! I love that image and your coloring is phenomenal! Love the papers and buttons (a Kelly card HAS to have buttons). Love the inside of the card, too.

    Calendar Girls always COUNT in my opinion. ;) This month Tami has us counting and re-counting... and you did it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big huge congrats to your daughter! What an honor! Beautiful card... down right amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Big congrats to your daughter...what a fabulous honor!! Your card is adorable!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at By LORi Designs!!
    Sheri-BLD DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Kelly! Love all of the layers ☺

    Cute image and I figured your circles would be buttons!! Great color scheme and everything looks great together!!

    Big CONGRATS to Chrissy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness Kelly, your card is definitely a masterpiece. I love this and the inside....mwahh...perfecto...great job on this challenge...you are such an inspiration to me....♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have tears in my eyes tonight as I read your post Kelly! I totally love this song to the point that I stopped using it for choir performances as it always made me too emotional. Your daughter must have done very well and you should rightfully feel very proud. It is not an easy song to master!
    What a gorgeous card for a talented young lady and a fabulous, memorable moment for you. I hope her brother got a specail hug too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two comments?
    We have been watching the weather event unfold with a sense of horror. We live in a cyclone area and know that devestation caused here but it pales to minor with what you are all going through. I hope you are safe and that everything is ok for you and yours.
    Cyber hug coming your way.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful!!! I love, love, love this card - your image and design are just exceptional and what a precious moment to celebrate!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these fabulous muted autumn colors for this sweet Indian girl! What a sensation card, Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous10/30/2012

    Such a sweet image Kelly and such a beautifully colored design as well!! Love those pretty Fall papers! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute, Kelly! LOVE how well the papers go with that adorable Pocahontas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. She is adorable and what a lovely color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow- this is an amazing card- esp in light of the challenge! The buttons are a perfect element. I love the inside too- and Huge Congrats to your daughter- you must be so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. FABULOUS!!! This really makes me ready for some fall weather now! So cute.....and kudos to your daughter!!! That's just awesome!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh you did a great job!!! I love this cute card. The colors, layout and inspiration are perfect.

    I do know that you really cannot help yourself when it comes to buttons, so I am totally fine being an enabler to you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love love LOVE this card, Kelly!! Your little Pocahontas is SO SWEET and what a great tribute to DD, as well as your card for Tami's CG theme. BEAUTIFUL job! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the patterns and colors of all of the papers you use in your card making! This card is no exception. Love the buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How cute! The feather on the paper reminds me of the feather in a head dress... the image is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Another beautiful card. Love the image and your layout and papers are just beautiful. Love the quote on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Now that is a challenge!! LOVE all of the wonderful layers of DP and Pocahontas is so pretty! The lyrics used as the sentiment put such a wonderfully personal twist to this. Congrats to your DD too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful card. The coloring is perfect and that color combo is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This Indian maiden is just so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So super adorable Kelly! Thank you so much for sharing with BLD and playing along with us!! ♥LORi

    ReplyDelete