10.16.2012

Sophie is skating by ...




... with a Center-Step Hi! :)

Good morning, blogging friends!!  I'm channeling my inner love of snow and wishful holiday thinking with today's card :)  Growing up and falling in love with the snow always make me nostalgic as the seasons change and winter approaches. I grew up in the frozen tundras of Europe where in Fall/Winter, the lakes and ponds froze over and became our skating rinks!  The first time I saw an indoor rink was at 15 when we arrived in North Florida and our host family took us to the skating rink.  I was quite baffled, I must say ... LOL!  

But how fun to make a winter card for the new Riley and Company challenge!  Our challenge this time around is brought to us by Cindy and she asked us to make a Side-Step card.   I LOVED Frances' tutorial on SCS - super easy to follow.  I'm a visual gal - I really need to *see* things as I go, LOL, and made a wee blunder  on my first Side-Step card but I sure can't wait to do this fold again!  I also did the inside of my card - you know I can't resist that :)  I paper pieced her little skating outfit and this is leftover scrap paper from MME.

*Card now edited!  I tweaked it a bit and brought the side panels all the way down ~ when it's folded (production stage, it appears that it will be long enough but when the card is in it's opened state, they are too short!  Just a tip I learned!!* 






We can't wait to see what your Center Step card looks like using your Riley and friends stamps! 

If you would like to play along with us of course we would love to have you! AND - if you do, you could be in the running to win free rubber ... One lucky person per challenge will win our Logo Riley image which isn't available for purchase. You will also get the chance to display a winner's button on your blog. So get stamping Riley fans :).

To play create a card using Riley and Company images

Once you have created your card/project come back here and place a comment with a link to your card/project to this post so that we can see what you created. If you upload your card/project to SCS don't forget to include the keyword RILEY2112. We can't wait to see what you create!

Be sure to see what the DT made using the Center Step Fold!



Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly



33 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/16/2012

    AWW! Kelly, this is really adorable hun!! LOVE Sophie's paper pieced dress and your fabulous papers!! Cute center step design!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute card!

    I love the dp {and, of course you decorated the interior!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute side step card! Love that image too! Outstanding.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute DP - I love the non traditional colors of it. The fold is great and features the image. That red button looks like a big piece of candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cure Card Kelly--love the paper and the colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable. I love the paper-pieced outfit, the buttons and the colors/designs you selected. It's super cute!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute card. I like the folding it is different from the norm. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute image and the wonderful DP you used! Super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME card Kelly, the colours, the papers...the "buttons"...LOL!!!. Very you!!! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable Kelly, Sophie is so cute on skates and your background papers particularly the trees are fabulous! A really sweet Christmas Card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet! Great design and love the fun papers! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card!! Love those patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sophie is so cute in her skating dress. Your colouring is fabulous. Love the step by step card. Makes me want to get out of my comfort zone. Thanks Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO sweet! I love the image- the colors are awesome and how cool is this side step card- even decorated inside! Oh- we loved ice skating as kids- like you....Dad would set up a frame and freeze a rink in the back yard.... : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly this is the SWEETEST!~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how sweet!!! I love her little paper pieced dress and itty bitty ice skates :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this, that little bit of ric rak is perfect. I had to smile at your story about the skating rink. I grew up here in the south and we didn't get that much snow and the pond across the street NEVER froze over for skating. I remember my sister and I checking to see if we could skate on it. I also learned that just because there is a very slight ice like appearance on the surface of the pond doesn't mean you can walk on it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another adorable Sophie card, Kelly! Love the paper piecing and that creative fold! It's almost getting ice skating season here...the rain and COLD has arrived. I think perhaps Seattle skipped Fall! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun wintery card! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous Kelly! I love the dp you used & that fold is AWESOME! Love your coloring too....TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look at you with this fabulous fancy fold. What a cute, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hehe, what a great fun card.
    I bet the recipient will love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It must have been a shock when you experienced Winter in Miami Kelly! You would feel right at home where I live! Your card is such fun. Thanks for the tips on making as I have not braved a step card yet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wowzers! What an adorable card. Love the image and the side step. You did a fabulous job with it. Love the paper. You should really enter this in the Perfect Sentiment - Cristmas with a Critter challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Riley is really cute and I love the design of your card! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have that patterned paper! Great use of it girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, great job on this! I have not yet managed to successfully make one of these stepped cards, I'm always so impressed to see the ones others make. Enjoy your weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sophie looks so pretty in her skating outfit! Once again, your papers are matched so perfectly with the image! Feels like she's skating on a forest pond!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sophie is adorable! Great job with your fancy fold card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it! Great choice of colors and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Totally adorable. This is the best Sophie image yet! Love your center fold design.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What fabulous papers with skating Sophie!! Gorgeous holiday card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love how you decorated the back...adn I think I need to dig out my THREE Riley stamps...just to get them inky again!

    ReplyDelete