10.30.2012

Riley's Fall Colors and bein' Thankful!


Good morning, sweet blogging friends!  We've been praying diligently for those in Sandy's path and hope that in her wake you are all doing well and are safe and sound.  Blessings!

Today's post is what I like to call a two-fer :)  The new bi-weekly Riley and Company challenge brought to us by Joy calls for using Fall colors on our Riley cards so I inked up one of my favorites: Wheat Riley.  I decorated the inside of my card with a sentiment I found at a writing sight and loved it - especially since Riley does have his banjo *wink!*

My friend Lorie used to call me the queen of mix and match papers ... that always made me smile when she said that!  So I'm sure I'm channeling her sweet words with this pairing up of papers :) For my Fall colors, I went for my MME paper pack, Happy Heart - my eye drew in on the warm orange-ish colors and it felt like Fall to me :)  Be sure to play along with the Riley challenge this week, too - you can find the challenge blog here. {If you link up to a gallery, please use the keyword 2212}




Another group near and dear to my heart is the Crafters of Faith and once a month, always on the last day of the month, we post a card with a theme chosen by the monthly hostess.  This month, our Sharon asked us to create a card of thankfulness.  In her words, she challenges us with this:


Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5:16-18



Wow, it's hard to believe that there is only 3 more months left of 2012...where has the time gone?? Some of you may know from reading my blog this week that Autumn is my favorite season of the year. In Southern Ontario it is quickly making its appearance and where I'm from the colour of the changing leaves can be quite spectacular. It's so inspiring--I just love it! Autumn also includes my most favourite holiday celebration--THANKSGIVING!! It's hard not to love a holiday that calls on us to give thanks for our blessings. I realize not everyone around the world celebrates this holiday, and our friends in the U.S. don't celebrate until November, so for this challenge you can choose to make either a card for thanksgiving OR a thank you card for someone who has been a blessing to you. Please use at least 2 designer papers and 1 embellishment, and most importantly, have fun! I can't wait to see what you've created!


I am thankful for many many things - from my faith to my family and even the busy-ness that often keeps me going from sun-up to sun-down.  I am thankful that even though the days are stressed, time runs short and there is always "one more thing to do", I'm blessed that I'm able to do it and give Him all the glory for those blessings!  I'm thankful that God has bestowed upon us miracles, that he shines upon our family with a beacon of fresh hope and faith to face each of the days ahead, even the ones that are a little more topsy-turvy than others :)  And of course, I'm thankful for my online friends ~ 
I you!  

I hope my card represents the beauty of this season and how cultivating a thankful spirit (as my granny used to say!) brings so much joy and beauty to our lives.  

Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

40 comments:

  1. Gorgeous papers and colors. He looks adorable! And how is it that you make such perfect bows?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love that poem on the interior!!

    And, I do love me a two-fer....lol

    Will have my COF up tomorrow and I must go check out my Riley's.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep- you are the queen of mixing papers- so true!!! Love the sweet Riley you used- love your colors too. The sentiment on the inside- WOW is that cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this just makes me happy and smile when i look at it! so cute. love the sentiment on the inside. i was just thinking my cards need that... stay from Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inside and out - Wonderful!! And yes, you really are the queen of mix and match papers! I just wish I could do that!
    Kelly, Wheat Riley is a doll and love the DP you used on here too.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just can't go wrong with Riley and all that gorgeous paper! Beautiful work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love banjo pickin' Riley!! Our family is filled with musicians! Such a cute card, Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Kelly - love your mix-n-match card, and the poem inside is fabulous!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lorie is right! U are DEFINETLY the queen of mixed papers AND layers Kells!!♥ such richness of colors in all of your cards too.
    I absolutly lOVE the fall and the everchanging colors that it brings.
    U aptly show these colors well with this latest adorable Riley card...
    LOve the cute immie but the sentiment you added on the insides it's really the 'cherry on top' for me! What an AWESOME poem!!
    thanks for sharing it my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a meaningful combination of image and sentiment inside, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love your Riley cards, they are so cute. You are definitely the queen of matching papers. That poem inside is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, Kelly. The little banjo player is so cute. I love the way you put this card together. Thanks for playing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet cards! Love them both! Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kels, your card certainly DOES represent the beauty of this season and what joy a thankful heart can bring to our lives...that comes across in all that you do. Beautiful papers (Lorie is right :), adorable stamp and lovely poem to capture the theme Sharon chose.
    Big Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card with a great sentiment and a cute image! I love autumn too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! Love all the layers and great papers! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Kelly, another beautiful post. Your words are so kind and beautiful as your card. Love the papers and the colours AND that gorgeous sentiment on the inside. God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful poem on your lovely card Kelly! I enjoyed your post today.
    Be happy!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kelly, this is a lovely fall card. I like the saying inside. Lieben Gruß !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fun, creation by our dear Kelly! Yes, you are definitely the Queen of Mix & Match! How do you do that anyway??? Love this Riley too. Your verse for the inside is wonderful! Thank you for blessing me with your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, Kelly! I do think this may very well be my MOSTEST favorite card you've ever made!!! Love those papers (you are incredibly good at choosing papers) and the layout... and that wonderful quote/poem inside. WOW!!!

    Thank you for putting together the Crafters of Faith group and for allowing me to be part of it. To quote a dear friend of mine (you!).... love you muchly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kelly, this is adorable! The inside is just as cute as the outside! So blessed by you and all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kelly--your card is Awesome! I love the papers--all four of them--that are perfect and match the image to a tee!

    Such a cute image--and the sentiment you added in the inside is perfect!

    Thanks for inviting me to join this awesome group of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab card Kelly and I really like how you've done the inside too. The poem is fab but that torn paper is what really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great combination! Only you could put pink, Riley and wheat together and have a fab card!

    I really like what you wrote and am thankful to be the COF with you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Boy, do I ever love this creation. Gorgeous design, papers and Riley is the cutest. Beautiful work, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You never disappoint Kelly, your cards are always bright and colorful as well as cheerful...I love this card and I love having you as a friend. You are truly a bright spot in my life and I am grateful for your friendship...You are such an inspiration and positive christian example to me...big hugs my sweet friend...♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kelly, what a fun, awesome Riley! I love how you design your cards and your papers are just beautiful. I'm thankful you included me in this fabulous Christian group!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute card, and thanks, Kelly for being such a blessing to me and all the prayers you have lifted for my prison ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super adorable card and wonderful mix and matching on the papers! Thanks for your prayers and concern for safety! I am one happy camper that the storm is over!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is gorgeous. I just love that paper you used and your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful Kelly! I love the poem on the inside and the pretty designer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such an adorable card! Riley is so sweet and love the paper you used for the background. I love how you did the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my gosh-this is so cute!! I love how he has that little wheat stalk in his mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  36. How come my "mix n match" patterns aren't this sensational??? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very pretty card. Loved all the colors you used and the image is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful papers! I love the poem on the inside.

    ReplyDelete