12.11.2012

Riley: Say it in Song!






Good Morning!  Today a new Riley and Company challenge starts and it's brought to us by DT member, Jovita!  She has challenged us to create a Riley card using the theme: "Inspired by Song".  

For me, music is a big part of our lives and we have it playing all the time, including Christmas songs!   One of my all-time favorites is Noel ~ esp when song by Josh Groban  ::: swoon! :::  I was blessed to see him in concert a few years ago and he's a truly gifted and amazing performer.  But I digress! My card ..... I went with the song "Noel" :)  I paired up the brand new, clear stamp Carrying Tree Riley with a 4.25 x 5.5 cut-out card that I found here. I printed out the template and paper-pieced the letters with a 'top coat' of paper in country hearth tones of paper.  Our church has decorated this year using ferns and red gingham ribbons, raffia and real pine cones - such a heart and home-spun feel to it all and that's what I was channeling when dreaming up this card :)




We'd love to see what song inspired cards you come with, too!  Please link them to the Riley and Co blog and if you use a gallery, please use the keyword Riley2512.

Have a *musical* day! :)

Big hugs,
Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly

28 comments:

  1. Wow! What an awesome card, Kelly! Love that you were able to use a NOEL cut-out card and the papers you used are so bright and fun and cheery...Just like you! And, of course, Riley adds just the right "note" to this "song" card!;) BTW, "Noel" was my mother's favorite Christmas carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card! I like the cut-out word "NOEL" as your base, just wonderfully creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kelly!Love the word card idea and how adorable is Riley with the tree. Love how the tree is hanging off the edge! I love Josh Groban too, and I would be swooning if I got to see him. Lucky you! Poor hubby last year as I LOVE Donny Osmond and hubby got us tickets to Donny & Marie's Christmas show in NYC. I was over the moon and weeping thru puppy love. Poor hubby..ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is incredible!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative card Kelly! Riley looks adorable carrying his tree :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a Fabulous creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another precious little Riley! Love the NOEL shaped card, Kelly! So pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! Awesome papers and Riley looks perfect brining up the 'l'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12/11/2012

    Oh wow Kelly!! This is totally amazing! Love your die cut lettering for your card and what a darling Riley to go with it!! :) I'm itching to get out my Rileys for a play!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! This card is fantastic. The papers and colors are perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. shaped cards are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a very cute and novel card Kelly - well done.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly, this is super cute! Love how you sized it to fit a standard A2 envelope...genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very bright and cheery card. I love that you used a template and cut it out. Riley is cute too. I could listen to Josh Groban for hours! I love, love, love music!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Without a doubt this brings cheer to the season!! Love your little Riley getting in on this cute card. Love your blog background too. Such fun colors and so bright and cheery like our Kelly!! Keep bringin' those Bigger blessings to all you meet this season. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness Kelly, your card is fantastic!!! Great papers and as always cute Riley image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so totally cute Kelly. It does fit perfectly into the theme that your church is using. Funny how our psyche does that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Completely adorable! Love the papers, and the cut is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this!! I wasn't expecting this at all. Love how you incorporated Riley into the Noel... Just the perfect placement next to that "L".

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great card Kelly! Love the shape and for the challenge, it works perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable card and very unique! I love all of the colorful papers! I would love to see Josh Groban! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is entirely too cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful! Riley is so cute with his Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this fabulous NOEL!! Super cute, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a moose lover, so I love to see Riley. Great project.

    Happy Holidays,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE this card! The shape is wonderful and I love the mix of papers and the sweet image of Riley! Hope you and yours had a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute!! I love shaped cards like this.

    ReplyDelete