5.21.2018

TPB ~ It's Summer somewhere!

Hi friends!

Happy Monday!
I hope your weekend was spectacular ♥

Today's card is channeling summer!
When I made it last week, we were packing our bags to head 
to the beach ourselves for our weekend getaway :)


This card was such fun to make.
It's a collaborative card using products from Eyelet Outlet
and The Project Bin from the Instagram hop they had this weekend. 
I used the Summer Fun stamp set, one of my favorites!  

I chose products that reflected a beach/summer theme
since I knew that's what my card would be.

Here's how I made this card:
I started by masking and blending my Tim Holtz Distress Oxides
in Broken China and Squeezed Lemonade and my mini blending tool.
I wanted to create the illusion of sand dunes 
and in order to do that, I created a template out of chipboard.
The palm tree brads were a bit smaller than I planned for
so I went with a 'in the far distance' look :)
And to finish it off the beach scene, I added seagulls,
the quintessential bird at the ocean!


 

Finally,  I created a frame to go around the image and 
popped the whole card onto 3D foam.
This card is really thick, measuring almost 1/4 of an inch!
I really love this cardit's so peaceful, serene, calming ♥
I do love living so close to the beach and visiting often ...
hence, the name of my blog :)

Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Wow - such an amazing beach scene, Kelly! Love the serene background and the seagulls are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Kelly! Wish I was headed to the beach with you. Love the seagull!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I love this, Kelly!! It's so beautiful!! I love the beach scene you've created!! I wish I was there right now!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous and fun Kelly..beautiful blending and love your scene..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Kelly! Your scene looks so happy and summery, well done! The dunes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Kelly... this card is sooooo pretty! Love the beach scene. Great use of blending. WOW! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly you did it again. What a beautiful card! And your coloring!!!! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful wee scene you have created on this card Kelly. The tree brads are gorgeous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete