6.22.2019

Adjust Your Focus!


 Hi friends!

I hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start!
How is your daily coloring coming along?

We're up to day #8 of the coloring challenge!
And as they say ...
if life gets blurry,
adjust your focus and capture the good times!




 I love 
- LOVE! - 
 stamped images with girls 'n cameras!

 I took photography in high school 
and spent hours developing my 35mm film in the dark room.
I had visions that I'd travel the world with my Nikon FA
taking black and white photographs like Ansel Adams :)

I even won First Prize and 25 bucks at the county fair
 for a picture of my kitty cat, Tiggy!
 ♥

But somewhere between developing fluids and figuring out the f-stops,
I think either my teacher,
  or perhaps my parents,
told me to quite daydreaming and go to college and get a real job.

So, there's that!





 My card today is a masking of 2 stamps.
I adore the images from Picket Fence Studios and font of their sentiment stamps!
They quickly caught my eye when one of my dear and very talented friends, Angela, started posting her design team cards.
I quickly purchased this camera stamp, called Beautiful Girl ~ Karen
at a time when life was on hyper-drive! 
This week, a new order arrived and I decided to add two stamps together
and spent the afternoon coloring all the little houses
 from this background stamp :)

While I debated adding a sentiment to the top,
it looks busy enough so I thought it would be better inside the card.
The inspiration challenge at SCS today was a great springboard ~
I saw this sensational Venice, Italy toile and my mind started clicking!

And yes!
I still take photographs ...
just on a digital camera now!

Thanks for stopping by!
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly



12 comments:

  1. A stunning card Kelly, I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card love the beautiful image and background stamp-great merging and masking of the two-brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some phenomenal coloring and I'm sure it took quite some time to finish! Love how you superimposed the girl into the city - great look, fabulous card! Selfie maybe?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Kelly and AMAZING card!! Loved reading of your dream about becoming a photographer and the fabulous couple of stamps look amazing together!!! Amazing work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great card Kelly, and a wonderful glimpse into your thwarted ambition too ;). Now you have a new (wee) model, Alice, to focus on ...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Gorgeous card, Kelly! I love how you put the two stamped images together. I also own the camera girl stamp, but sadly it has yet to see ink. You've inspired me... I'll need to ink her up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card with the city behind the photo girl. Super coloring! I actually haven’t had time for the coloring challenge this time! I wish it was later in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a beautiful card, the girl with the camera is lovely, and I admire how you colored all those houses, wonderful ! Hugs, Enny

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I LOVE this one Kelly! The girl is colored beautifully and I love all the houses... Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly, this is one great card. Super combination of images and colored up so perfectly. GREAT stamping. Love your post too. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is awesome! I love the two images and the coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a masterpiece, Kelly!! I love this amazing card. It reminds me of my uptown, glasses wearing, bun rockin' photographer granddaughter!! All of her birthday cash is going to a fancy new camera!

    ReplyDelete