3.17.2021

Ready, Set, Go ~ Happy St. Patrick's Day!

 

Hi friends!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm Irish and I absolutely LOVE this festive and spirited day 

- ceiliúradh!




Today's card is for a card challenge I call Ready, Set, Go!

It's a card challenge where BarbJeanette and I 

set a theme for each other with a challenge that's e.x.t.r.e.m.e!

I call these challenges outside-the-norm-box and they are tough :)


Jeanette chose our challenge for March and she said:

Our March 2021 Challenge is to make a card that is at approximately 90% green – 

BUT that’s too easy! Of course, we can’t stop there. 

As a child, I always loved hearing the myths about the leprechauns and their pots of gold 

at the end of rainbows; that always seemed to fascinate me… 

so the other part of our challenge is to use at least one ACTUAL coin

 in some way when making our cards. And one more thing just for fun –

 but not a challenge requirement – you’ll put a great big smile on my face

 if you also use a tad bit of the color gold on your card. 

 Ready? Set? Go!

 

Oh boy, this one was a bit of a struggle for me but I did my best.


It was the coin that tripped me up :(


My card is about 90% green as I started with a watercolored panel.


I made two of those - one for the base, one for the grasses.


I added a pop of color(s) for the rainbow - I read it over and over


and it didn't say we couldn't use additional colors 


AND I saw the word rainbow so ......... creative freedom? :)~





It was also a great way to use up tiny scraps :)


Finally, the 'touch of gold' is the clouds


and my gold coin is actually a 20 Euro cent from our last trip to Europe.


I kept all the change for the kids and they LOVE it!


I created a swing door for a surprise inside reveal of the coin ...



Here's a close up and it's held in place by a brad.

I've used a rainbow die from MFT Stamps and the bunny

is also from MFT Stamps.  The sentiment is from Rabbit Hole Designs.

I'm not really happy with my card and sort of fell flat on the concept.

But it's cheerful and if nothing else, it's worth 20 euro cent, LOL!



You can see Barb's card here


and Jeanette's card here with this theme.


I'm up next month and already have my theme planned out ...


but just may chicken out and change my mind - yikes!



 I'd like to share with you my 2 y/o granddaughter's


beautiful artwork, too!




She made her own cloud and rainbow!


This sweet baby LOVES to glue things and I think she did a great job!


Thanks for stopping by today 


and I hope you are wearing green today! 



9 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm SQUEALING in delight, Kelly! Yes, you created a fabulously fun card. Yes, you used a lot of green and those glittery gold clouds. Yes, you added a coin - that part of the challenge was a bit extreme, I agree. YES, I love love love your card - AND Miss Alice's artwork, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card and love the swing element. The rainbow is so adorable from your little artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job with this challenge! Love the little bunny frolicking in the grass under the bright rainbow. Alice's rainbow is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet--and I think it is perfect! I love the reveal to see the coin and the rainbow is sweet. Thanks for playing with us for another month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss A's fabulous cloud and rainbow warm my heart! How precious. And your sweet bunny under this colorful rainbow and golden clouds is marvelous, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Kelly! You aren't happy with this?! It is PERFECT! Believe me, you made my day when I feasted my eyes on it at SCS this morning! ADORABLE! Happy! Stunning! I love the layers, the colors, the, well... everything!!!

    And I love your granddaughter's rainbow! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Amazing and so creative card!! The rainbow is adorable and LOVE those gold clouds!!! Such great idea putting a coin under the swinging sentiment! And your grand daughter is a talented crafter too, how cute rainbow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete