6.28.2013

Calendar Girls ~ Summer dreams :)


Good Morning, friends!
It's the 28th of the month and that's when the Calendar Girls blogging group 
get together + create a card around the challenge given to us by our hostess.  
Last month, I was running on 3 hours of sleep a day and 
read June's challenge for May ..  boy, was my face red! :)
But lucky for me, the wonderful Cally Girls said switch months - 
make June May and make May June ... o-kay!  Works for me!

So the May now June challenge ... for me ... is as follows:

MAY 2013 CHALLENGE 
Miss May: April

My theme is easy I would like you each to make a card representing one thing you hope to accomplish over the summer. It could be a garden, a vacation, a weight loss, whatever, BUT you do have to tell us what you are hoping to accomplish!



Summer for me is a time of 

pure bliss ~  I love having the *babies* home!
With 4 kids, going 180 mph all day, every day during the year, 
the summer is the time of year when we unwind, relax, rejuvenate
 in the glory of all God's gifts around us. 
  I'm blessed to have them so near during this short time and we make the best of the time we spent in the summer - together!
Yes, we'll have those gorgeously lazy mornings, the long bike rides in the sunshine, catching waves at the beach, and hopefully me putting a dent in my long list of best-sellers that have my name on them :)  But most of all,  my wish for them - for us - is to do all the things that make them smile, bring happiness to their lives and to keep the dreams they dream soaring.

For my card, I inked up my Tweet Spots from The Alley Way Stamps
love, love this whimsical set!  I stamped the image and then re-stamped it onto the dsp to paper piece the birdhouse.  I LOVE gingham so I really wanted a bit of that in the card :) The fence is propped up on 3d foam dots for extra dimension.  I'm so happy with how this card turned out :)
I'll be entering this into TAWS Challenge 31 using this inspiring photo:



Thanks for stopping by today!
Be sure to stop by the Calendar Girl blogs to see what they created this month ... you can find them in my sidebar.

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly




entered into:  TAWS Challenge
Our Daily Bread Challenges - Red, White and Blue
Paper Playtime -  Red, White and Blue
ChocolateCoffeeCards - 4th of July
WordArtWednesday - Anything Goes

45 comments:

  1. Darn Cute Kelly! Love the image and your colors as usual rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely! Love the gingham bird house! What a great touch! Screams summer to me! Hope you get the summer you are hoping for with your kids. Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Kelly! Love the red, white and blue! The image and papers are perfect, as is the button!!

    Great card! So glad you are a calendar Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tweet card! Thanks for joining in at Simply Create Too.

    HugzMarjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this- love your colors plus the addition of the Gingham! I sure hope you can slow down and have some relaxing fun with the kids and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the CAS look to the card. Thanks for joining our 4th of July (red, white and blue) Challenge at Created with Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!!! Kelly, this is so cute in all the red, white, and blue. Precious card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, vibrant colors, gorgeous crisp design and a fabulous layout. Love everything about this beauty.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! Love the colors! Your goal this summer sounds like mine - so far, we're doing great. The kids told me the other day it's already felt like weeks since school ended (it was a half day June 17).
    Blessings,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautifu red, white and blue card!! Love the patterned birdhouse and the CAS design!! Thanks for joining us at Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, this card is amazing! Love the bold colors and distinct eye appeal of the contrast in colors, too. Very fun images!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful red, white and blue card! Cute fence to go with the birdhouse! Glad you are enjoying having the kiddos around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too loved school holidays Kelly - might have had something to do with my career though, lol!
    Love your sweet card today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very pretty!! Love the gingham birdhouse. And that great fence. Love the added rickrack and button. Thank you so very much for playing with us for our 'Red, White & Blue' challenge at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great summer to me! And I love your red, white and blue take on this fun stamp set. The gingham birdhouse is so cute! Thanks for joining us at the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so sweet. I love the birdhouse and the design.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #112 PATRIOTIC !! challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Kelly, I love how bright and cheery it is and it is perfect for the challenge you are entering. Well done my sweet friend...well done...enjoy your babies being home and summer vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Kelly! I like how it is CAS but isn't all white space. Great image and the button is the perfect embellie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous CAS and I love the colors and the great design, that little fence is too cute!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous CAS card! I love how the colors just pop. Enjoy the lazy days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really cute, Kelly. Thanks for sharing with us again this week. I'm so blessed when you're able to share, and I thank you for stopping by.
    God bless you this week - and always!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute card!! Thank you for join us at Created With Love Challenge this week, hugs Kate (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely job. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really loved having my children home for the summer. You have lots of plans that are not scheduled just available. Your card is darling.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful artwork with us at WAW.
    Psalm 23 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  25. great card and colors! I love the little picket fence :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet card. Love the darling images and the color combo. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing with us at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a sweet card Kelly, and I hope you are so far enjoying your summer with the family. The picket fence and the tiny white ric rac are both fabulous on this card and I love the patriotic color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the red, white and blue - so crisp and bright! What an adorable card! Great response to April's challenge too! (can hardly wait to see June/May's card hehehe)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.

    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an absolutely darling card! It's so crisp and cheery! So glad you joined the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a fun way to layout all the images!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very sweet card! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the birdhouse image, such a wonderful card and so nicely put together! Thanks for playing along this week at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card..Such a cute image. Love the colors.. Thanks for joining us over at Perfect Sentiments. Hope to see you again..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card..Such a cute image. Love the colors.. Thanks for joining us over at Perfect Sentiments. Hope to see you again..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  37. fab- you have done such a great job on this xxx thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great layout, Kelly. I especially like the fence and how you gave it dimension.

    Enjoy your summer with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous card Kelly, super cute little birdhouse.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your card is so simple, yet eye-catching. That little pop of gingham is great, too. Have a blessed summer with your four, making lots of great memories. Thank you for sharing your art with us at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such a sweet card and love the meaning behind it! I'm so glad you are finding time to enjoy your summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Adorable Kelly...and what a super mom you are!!!! Enjoy your summer of pure bliss and sleeping in...and those bike rides...and just relaxing and enjoying a slower pace.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just love the little gingham birdhouse!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Awww, this is very sweet. Love those Alley Way stamps!

    ReplyDelete