6.11.2013

Riley's Challenge ~ Use your dies and scraps

Good Morning! 
 Ready for a new Riley and Company challenge? 
 Riley sure is!  He's wandering around London, stopping along the Thames River and checking his map to make sure he doesn't miss a thing - including Sophie, who is probably having afternoon tea near Buckingham Palace ;) 
 We had a most magnificent time taking our kids to Europe a couple of years ago, including a week long stay in London - most magnificent city!!  The highlight of the tour probably had to be our trek to Stonehenge - a place so magical, you have to be there to truly experience it ;)
I'd be back in London in a HEARTBEAT if I could be!!


This week, our hostess Laurie challenged us to:  
Make a card using precut dies or scraps you've saved! 


Here is my card using Map Riley and some loose dsp from my bin.  
I used the cuttlebug and die cut to create the circle and colored him with prismamarkers, added some grosgrain ribbon - super simple!  I love to recycle and use up scraps - thank you, Laurie, for this awesome challenge!
To enter your cards for the challenge, click here!
If you upload your card to a gallery, please use the keyword Riley1213.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'm off to pick up my daughter from her campus sleepover college orientation and I'll probably look just like Riley on that massive campus - lost and confused, map in hand!
Happy crafting!

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly



Entered into:  HIMCR101 - Super Scraps!
Country View Crafts - die cuts
My mums craft shop - dies, dies, dies!

23 comments:

  1. Love it! I have a thing for maps. I'm not sure why, but I love traveling. Some day my kids will go to Europe. I'd better be with them! lol Have a wonderful day, my friend. Your Riley card is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll be fine on and about campus!!! YOur card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Riley reading a map is precious (and he probably reads a map better than me!!). Great use of your paper scraps and map!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper little Riley - all ready for that road trip! So cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always save maps and then cannot seem to cut them....I LOVE this card- the map in the BG is great, and I love Riley on vacation : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely fabulous. I love your crisp, clean layout, great colors and fabulous background paper which couldn't be more perfect with the darling Riley image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gprgeous card Kelly - and I am sure you will find your way on campus no problems!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sweet card, Kelly. I really like the background paper !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROAD TRIP~ How cute!! Riley is so cute and your background paper is perfect for this image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see Riley has his map as he hits the streets!! Super cute card, Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like where you placed that button!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card. Gorgeous design paper, so perfect with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely adorable Kelly! I love all things travel, especially maps. Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Riley, never know where he might pop up! Sweet card and I love the map background. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card, love the theme. So glad you enjoyed London and yes Stonehenge is one of my favourite places to visit. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts in our die-cuts challenge.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful addition of the map DP. It works so perfectly together. Some day, when the girls are older and I'm just plain old, I would love to have such a fab vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, this is so cute! That DP is perfect w/ this image! This would be a great card for a guy with all of the browns and textures. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another adorable card, Kelly! Thanks so much for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room!

    lovies, =o) kel
    HIMCR DT
    http://scrap-photograffs.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colours of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card Kelly, love the papers and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know if you could have possibly found a more perfect paper for this image! Love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is fabulous!! I love the map paper and the image is just perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete