6.30.2013

Crafters of Faith: Down on the Farm!




Hello there and Happy SONday! :)

Today the Crafters of Faith - a group of christian sisters from SCS - share the cards we've made with a chosen theme by our hostess of the month.  This month, our hostess is Barb - who graciously stepped up when we found ourselves without a hostess ~ Thank you, Barb!!   Barb's theme is so much fun this month ~ I had a ton of ideas swirling in my head and had a few stamp sets in mind to use.  Literally at the last minute, I went through my digi stamps and was eager to ink up this adorable little piggie from Bugaboo - that's farm related, right?!! :)

Here's what Barb's amazing theme is:

June is Dairy Month in Wisconsin. I remember when I was growing up there were dairy breakfasts at farms in our area and my 4-H club had a pie and ice cream social every June. Now--I am not sure that everyone has a dairy themed image. But--if you have something farm related--cow, chickens, ducks, barns, fields, etc. or dairy products related--ice cream, cheese, milk, eggs, cream puffs (the Wisconsin State Fair favorite!), or use your own imagination to honor the dairy farmer. Do you have some farm related DSP or an embossing folder? Chicken wire, barbed wire, farm animals, etc.--please be sure to use that.

I hope everyone enjoys creating a card or scrapbook page with a Dairy Farm Theme! Do you have a farm related story from your childhood to also share when you post your card? We would love to read about a favorite memory.

Have Fun--Enjoy the Challenge!

Oinkers, that's a fun challenge!  So here's what I came up with :) I used one of my digi stamps from Bugaboo called Bobblehead Farm Pig ~ isn't he cute!
I printed it out on DSP and cut it to size, then propped up his nose on alternating dsp for contrast.  As a second thought, I included the hooves in matching colors and the rest is pretty simple and let me tell you, I am LOVING the new Strawberry Slush!  I'll be ordering this again super soon!


And here is the inside of my card - sending hogs! :)

Barb also asked us to share any farm stories and I don't have many!  We were a very transient military family and station in England, once.  They didn't even have a base at that time for military and we lived clustered in the midst of a English town - how my heart was joyful to live there as a child!  We would walk/skateboard/bike down steep hills to a neighboring town that had a vast lands and farm animals roaming about.  One particular elderly couple used to wave to us and invite my brother and I onto their farm and visit with the animals, give us milk from the cow and homemade breads and pastries :)
Such is the gift of hospitality given to us by strangers that became friends :)

And that's my COF card for today! 
 Please be sure to stop in and see what the rest of the girls have made this month with our Farm theme - you can find their links in my sidebar!

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly


22 comments:

  1. Love your paper piecing and your papers as always are delightful in color and patterns. Love this precious piggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a cutie for sure! Your paper piecing is fantastic and LOVE the mixture of patterned papers!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Squeal" this is so adorable! I love your little piggie, the paper piecing looks fabulous and what a fabulous design. Love being a COF sister!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this precious pieced pig, Kelly! What a fabulously fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oink Oink OINK!!! Too cute for words! Truly a fun card for our fun challenge this month! Love it!!
    Thanks for inviting me into the COF - you are a blessing to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Card Kelly--love the papers you used and his nose is darn cute!

    Thanks for joining me in celebrating June Dairy Month--frozen custard for all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your paper piecing on this card really makes that one special hog. :-) Love the colors. It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always your card is just too stinking cute girl! Love the bright & happy colors you used...excellent, excellent work on the challenge Kelly & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Love your paper pieced pig (say that three times)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, I LOVE this paper-pieced pig! (say that 3 X fast!) Such a fun and colorful card! (My parents were stationed in England, too, and had lovely memories of their time living in Cambridge!).
    Blessings!
    maryrose

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh...I so love the patterns and colors you have chosen! Such a happy, happy card!

    PS. Sorry I am behind on the commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you were able to combine those patterned papers Kelly! Your little piggy is adorable as a button!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kelly! Your card is colorful, cheerful, and such fun! I love it!!! I would have also loved to see the inside of it, but for some reason I didn't find a picture of that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The paper piecing is just perfect! Now if I tried to paper piece a pig....well....anyway yours looks fabby! Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly, paper piecing is something that I'm not good at so when I see it done - and done perfectly - I'm always amazed! I love your little pig...and your memory story too. Very touching to hear that people cared so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He is so stinkin' cute! No pun intended... :) LOVE the colors you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I just love the colors you used for this card. They are so bright and cheery! Such a cute image and great job using the paper piecing technique.

    ReplyDelete
  19. CUTE! Love those bright, fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry I'm so slow getting here Kelly,life took over completely...I love this fun and creative card. That little pig is adorable and the card/colors/ layout perfect!!! You rocked this one for sure...♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Completely wonderful colors, patterns and paper pieced piggy.

    ReplyDelete