6.27.2018

You had me at ALOE ........... :)



Hi there!

Say aloe to my little friend ....


 Name that movie!

That's a game my daughter and I play all the time :)
One of us will blurt out a line from a {famous} movie and 
try to guess the correct one.
It's such great fun!

But often, I get stuck :)
Hee hee!

She's much wittier than me but we do love to play ♥

And something else I love!
Succulents!
You may remember that from this post.
They are super trendy right now, including in the stamping community ~
I have several (in stamp form) as I just adore these little plants so much!


 I'm in a card group on Splitcoaststampers called the Creative Card Chicks.
The CCC is a group of us friends that take turns sending card kits
 to all the members to complete the card challenge for that month.
Debby is our hostess and said she also shares a love of succulents - yay!

This card is my take on the kit and ...

i love it ♥

The card base looks like a 'river runs through it' ~ AND
I wish I could take credit for that creative idea,
but that part of my card was a total oops!
I intended to make hills for the cacti to rest upon
and the blue polka dot paper was the 'sky'.
I think that's about the time I realized I hadn't packed for vacation
and in my haste I cut the dsp upside down :/

So I had to 'half it':  part of the paper went north, part of it went south 
and to fill the gap, I used the blue sheet of dsp for a sky turned river.

True story!
Isn't it fun when the unexpected brings us joy!
 

 

I'll be back this week with my 2nd card :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Kelly, you and your daughter have a great game... but would definitely keep me on my toes. ;)

    I love your card - the succulents are so cute even if they can be a bit prickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote made me LOL!! I just love that! Your card is darling with the images and colors! Such a fun design! I love that story about the game you play with your daughter! I did this with my boys when they were younger and now they randomly quote our fave ones sometimes. Memories are wonderful! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love it!! The succulents are fabulous!! The papers are perfect!! The sentiment is awesome!! Love, love this!! And I laughed out loud at your title :) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABulous card Kelly, clever design and fun colours..love the quote too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card and Love the fun sentiment. The design is fabulous and the cacti are so sweet. Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloe, Kelly! LOL. I love your gorgeous card showcasing lovely succulents images with gorgeous matching paper! The colors are beautiful! The accident with die cutting turned out beautifully! Great card, Kelly! Thank you so very much for your visit and lovely comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative way to use your upside down hills, Kelly! They look great with the polka dots "river"! :D Well done! The cacti are so cute and happy, and beautifully coloured! Love your design!
    Great quote, too, it made me smile! I will never sit down on a cactus! LOL :D
    Happy crafting and happy holidays!!!HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and fabulous card Kelly - love your 'river' and how it occurred :-). The bright , clear colours are marvellous - the more so as our sky's are gray - again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. The title of your post had me giggling. And that quote at the bottom is fantastic - as is your card. I too love succulents - being from the desert and all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tag line . . . Such an adorable card. I love what you did with the kit.

    ReplyDelete