3.13.2020

Hot Mess ~ Wishing you luck!


 Hi friends!

 It's time for a new Hot Mess ~ Success card.
(Here's how this card challenge got started on my first messy card post.)
And, just like the name suggests, we make messes!

This month, Terry's challenge is to use the color green and a shamrock
with our messy cards.
Being that it's March, I knew I would use something rainbow-y :)
The news - and impact - about the Coronavirus has the world on edge ~
and I thought we could use some color and cheer!



For my messy card this month, I went old school - 
I used my granddaughter's Crayola watercolors! 
These are so rich and vibrant and the pigmented colors just POP!



The background was created by wetting the watercolor paper first,
and then adding the paint and letting it move around.
I added more paint to layer it and give it more depth of color
and the end result is really something.
Children's watercolor paints ~ who knew!


For my shamrock aspect, I've used an older My Favorite Things stamp
called 'Wishing you luck.'
These A La Mode MFT stamps are making a comeback, it seems ~
and the newer releases have had quite a few re-introduced!

Since the background was so vibrant, I wanted to soften it with 
the stitched bubble clouds
and I added enamel dots in similar colors spaced through-out.
and that's my card!

You can see Barb's card here
Jeanette's card here and
Terry's card here
and we've all made a different mess :)

Thanks for stopping by!
 I hope you and your families are all okay in your little corners of the world.
Thinking of you ♥
Stay safe, everyone!

Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Great card, love the colours. Stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this vibrant card Kelly - I bought some children's watercolour paints a while ago, and they are my favourites!
    Take care - blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful background on your fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world certainly does need a bit of cheer just now Kelly, and your card does it for me. beautiful colours and a lovely image, and I guess we all need a bit of luck too. Heard on the new today that the virus may have hit Inverness as one of our local football players has self isolated himself, but whether he has the virus we'll find out. Keep safe in your corner of the world, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous water colour background Kelly looks amazing..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and colours Kelly...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous water colouring and such a pretty card x.....Keep safe x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow your background turned out brilliantly Kelly! I love your card!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. That awesome background is so divine for this lovely lady and her 4-leaf clover!! Wishing us all luck!!

    ReplyDelete