11.18.2020

Ready, Set, Go - Gingerbread!


 Hi friends!


Today's card is for the Ready, Set, Go card challenge ~

which is a card challenge group with a twist :)

The challenges are a little a lot harder to do

and almost always make me think outside the box!



I'm super lucky to be the hostess this month 

and chose a theme I AH-DORE ... Gingerbread!

 Gingerbread is an taste that's not for everyone so rather than eat gingerbread cookies, we're focusing on baking them!  Create a card (or project) that FEATURES  a gingerbread man/woman. Next step in the recipe, since gingerbread rises when you bake ithave a raised feature on your card. This can be as easy as glitter glue or stickles or really fancy like a pop up card - your choice!  For the next step, use one of the colors of the word G-I-N-G-E-R-B-R-E-A-D and use that color as your trimming (hairbows, bowties, etc.)

Ready, Set, Go!

 


 




For my card, I've used the adorable Waffle Flower Stamps Cookie Time!

I am so in love with this!

I confess - my favorite part?'

The kitty cat that I stuck behind the gingie house!





I stamped/die cut the images and colored them with my copic markers

and created a simple focal point with distress ink in Shabby Shutters.

There are so many stamps in this set, I didn't even get them all on the card!

These gingerbread cookies are running about causing some mischief :)






Barb's card is here and Jeanette's card is here 

as they are joining me in the RSG challenge this year.

As always, I'm delighted when my blog (post) inspires you, too, 

and if you'd like to play along and create a card, please do!

*heart smile!*

And here's another look at my card ....


1. Gingerbread theme - check!

2.  Raised element (it's up on foam dots) - check!

3. Gingerbread cookies don't have bows to color :) - check!



Thanks for stopping by today!

Big hugs, bigger blessings :)

~Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Kelly, your card is ADORABLE! What a cute stamp set - and so many fun stamps to include in your sweet scene! Love love LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just darling! This scene just makes me smile. I love the challenge you gave us this month--what a fun theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card love the cute images and baking scene
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable scene you made for your "difficult" challenge! Such a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Kelly. What a great cheme. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gingerbread especially with icing on the top, and your card is just so cute, lovely images and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love gingerbread!! I want some now!!!! A great fun card Kelly and love all the little sweet images. A gorgeous card. Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww.... HOW CUTE!!! Love the fun scene you have created, Kelly, it makes me smile so much!! :) Thanks for putting a smile on my face today!
    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card Kelly, it's really sweet - love how you have interpreted your challenge :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete