10.03.2021

One Plus Twelve - October!

 

Hello friends!


It's the 3rd of the month which means - One Plus Twelve ~ 

my favorite card series!



If you are new to my blog or the One Plus Twelve card idea,

it's simple!

Take one stamp - and just ONE stamp - and use it all year long,

once a month, twelve different ways :)

The idea came about when I realized I was buying and hoarding

using my stamps just once ... and I came up with this idea 

to stretch the use of my stamps and crafting supplies.


Each year, my stamp chooses me.

I've said that each year about my Word of the Year, too.

I tend to just settle in on one stamp that doesn't seem to let me go.

But I digress!


First, here's my card:



This series is a fun one but usually around this time of the year

I start really struggling with how to use the stamp differently.

For October, I wanted to go with oranges for fall and Fall-o-ween.

For 2021, my stamp is Altenew's build-a-flower magnolia,

my favorite flower!

I stamped it with Versamark first and then heat embossed my image.

 I blended with distress inks, blender brushes and embossing powder

and then added a sentiment after cutting the stamped image panel in 

half.  The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.




 I loved this technique when I made a previous card,

so if we love it, why not try it again - only differently!

My friends Barb and Jeanette are doing this challenge again this year

and you can see their cards on their blogs.


I really like this month's card :)

It's a wonderful technique, I love the bright colors for the season 

and it was fun to create!


And that's it for this month's One Plus Twelve!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly this is a stunner - I think my favourite so far of this series - they have all been wonderful, but this is exquisite
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Kelly! This is such a gorgeous card and such a fabulous idea to cut the floral image panel in half and place it offset on each side of the perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Kelly, I love the colours and the pretty floral image, and the sentiment is lovely, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great idea to give dimension to your card, Kelly!! Love so much the design and that gorgeous magnolia! Fab warm blended colours, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely image and the sentiment is brilliant. Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Kelly I must try this when I find time from visiting hubby and everything else I have to do LOL hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What aa fun card this month. Great use of fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a striking design!! I love this beautiful card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete