11.08.2013

It's a Friday Funny! :)


TGIF indeed! 

  Growing up in the military, this holiday always stands out special in my heart.  My dad retired after 25 years of active duty service and my brother is still serving :)  I spend quiet moments thanking all of our soldiers for their galiant and brave services to our country, and I'll be spending a sad moment visiting the military cemetery where dad is buried.  
To all the soldiers and families in the military, I salute you!

Now back to enjoying Friday, how about a Friday Funny!
I just love Stella from Bugaboo - she is so sassy!
Barb, who is mentioned on my blog often ::: Hi Barb! :::
is the hostess this month of the SOTC {that's the 
Sistehood of the Traveling Cards} card group, created over at SCS.
She just celebrated her bday in October + gave us this wickedly funny theme:

For September and October--due on Halloween, October 31st--we are not making Halloween or Fall Cards this year--but birthday cards! YUP--my birthday is in October and it is a pretty big one this year. So--I am asking everyone to make a humorous birthday card for the swap. It can have some of those comical "older images" or a funny saying-image or you can use some hilarious background paper--you get the idea. Funny, sarcastic, witty, anything that makes you laugh out loud when you see it! 
We all have friends and/or relatives who appreciate a card that makes them belly laugh when they see the card or read what is inside. Bring on the laughs and maybe tears if laughing too hard--let's Celebrate With Laughter!

I grabbed my Stella birthday image and got to work!

 Inside of the card sentiment!  LOL!  It's from Bugaboo w/ this image :)



I went with a red, white and blue theme in honor of Veteran's Day and Barb's
annual Red, white and blue swap that she holds - woot!
The inside is plainer than I would have liked but I was already 
behind in getting this in the mail and didn't have time to get fussy
with it - hopefully the swappers will forgive me this time - eeek!

Thanks for stopping by today ~ I wish you well!

I'll enter this into Bugaboo's Anything Goes,  Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes Bday!, Scrapping4fun Challenge #6 - Anything Goes and Patti's Creations - Birthdays 

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly


Card deets:
  Image and sentiment from Bugaboo Stamps:  Stella Birthday:
Cardstock:  PTI Red and white: and SU Not quite Navy:  DSP from SU!
Colored with prismacolor markers,
Cuttlebug and nestie, Fiskars paper trimmer, Tombo, red Kaiser pearls

23 comments:

  1. Oh yeah - those candles are starting to mount up here too :-).
    Love your card, simple as though you may think it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I already have plenty of candles and don't need more! Fun card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! What a fun image!! She's too cute!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project, very cute!! We appreciate you taking the time to join our November Anything Goes Challenge at CTB! Join us tomorrow for a Anything Cowboy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I absolutely love this! Stella is such a fun image to use for a birthday for sure! :) Great colors and design! Thanks for playing along at Catch the Bug challenge! Hope you will join us again tomorrow! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! One of my favorite words....friggin'! This is a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who does love Stella and her sass? Wonderful birthday card, love the stripped background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so cute, love the Sentiment! ;-)
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges!
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing to forgive - it's a keeper!!! LOL Stella is always a delight and your bright red, white & blue treatment with this image is delightful as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I love the circle going off the right side. I appreciate your family, Kelly, for serving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun image and great card design! I think that is a really fun swap theme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun image with fabulous colouring! And that sentiment is awesome!. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely no cake big enough for my age in candles anymore.....love the fun sentiment and fabulously bright and colorful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! This totally made me crack up...especially the sentiment! Love this and the papers are so fun and festive too! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly, i love your layout- it´s fabulous and all the RED !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Stella images and this one is a hoot! Love the red, white and blue theme. Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure they will love it! Super fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sure they will love it! Super fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stella is a wonderful "go-to" when it comes to snarky. What a fab card with brilliant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Teehee! Too cute!! Love that layout too...maybe one of these will end up in my mailbox! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card! The colors are great, and you did an awesome job coloring the image. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun!

    ~Ashley
    Scrapping4fun Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card ! The image is so much fun ! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges !

    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete