11.12.2013

One word ....




One kind word can change someone's entire day :)

I just loved this stamp from Riley and Company's
new stamp release when I first saw it.
  There is something so profoundly wonderful in sharing a kind word,
 offering a smile, 
 blessing someone's day.

Much to my daughter's dismay, I'm the mom 
that talks to everyone.
My dad used to joke that if there wasn't anyone around,
I'd talk to a tree stump!

I can't recall talking to any trees, seriously :)
But I'm of the mindset that if I'm going to stand in front of you 
at the grocery line, or sit next to you at the dr's office,
I'll say hello and ask you how are.

It's kind of funny how at the end of a exchange of any sort
... be it at the bank, the store, the movies, etc ...
I say thank you and have a blessed day!
8 out of 10 times, the reaction is a nice one :)

I always tell my children that you they need to carry enough 
faith and grace to not just last through-out their day,
but to share with others as well.






The new Riley and Company Challenge is up and this week,
it's brought to us by Joy. 
Her challenge is to use sentiments on your cards.
Here is mine, using One Kind Word ...
I used the sketch from Mojo Monday #139 and
I'll enter this to their challenge.

If you upload your card/project to SCS, 
please include the keyword Riley2313.
And be sure to stop by the Riley and Co DT to see
what they made for this challenge - you can find them in my sidebar :)

I hope someone shared a kind word, smile and blessing
with you today!

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly



card deets:  PTI cardstock White: 
SU Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, Chocolate Chip;  
Stamp:  Riley and Company; DSP = Crate Paper 'Acorn Avenue'; 
Cuttlebug, nesties; scissor bees; Tombo, 3d dots

Card also entered into:  
Make it Monday Challenge #166 , Artistic Inspirations #67
and Tuesday Throwdown - Gratitude.

26 comments:

  1. Love this sentiment! It is so true! I also am a "talker" I can't help it! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kelly, this sentiment is so true and your card is a wonderful take on your challenge sketch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sentiment is a keeper! Wise and true. Love the bright colors and circles you used on this card. Keep up your efforts to share kindness to everyone, you're a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love , Love this, that sentiment is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are absolutely right! Kindness and consideration goes a long, long way and is often contagious! Wonderful card and fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is stunning!! Love your take on the sketch and your colors!! What a brilliant sentiment! HUGS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright colors and wonderful sentiment. :D Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I just love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this sentiment. I'm the same way - why stand silently in line when you could get to know another person? The grouchier a person looks, the more cheerful I am to try to brighten their day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous!! I love that sentiment - it's so true!! The papers are beautiful!! The colors are happy colors, too!! What a fabulous card!! Happy Wednesday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to be missing for so long. I am many miles from home living out of a suitcase and working from my iPhone. Enough said.

    What a beautiful card with this wonderful sentiment. The words are so true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My stepdad is a talker...most of the time it's a great thing as long as we can stay on good topics LOL!

    Love the card, the quote and bright cheerful papers make me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's so very true! And I would have loved to have you in front of a line that I'm in ;o)

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week DT Crafting Vicky I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 450 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/10/giveaway-celebration-for-450-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. BTW you should consider entering as well in the Path of positivity challenge!!! your outlook on life is just what we are looking for in that challenge http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning. What a fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What wonderful words to share with your children. I hope to be such an example in my girls lives and really enjoy reading your blog. Not to mention stopping by to see your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully done, Kelly! Thanks so much for playing along in the "Gratitude" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you playing again soon and good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. fantastic card love the layout and design pretty papers and love the sentiment -thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card love the sentiment and the papers used thankyou for joining our challenge at artistic inspirations this week good luck fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Kelly! I love the design and the colors and your sentiment is so true. Fantastic job with this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How beautiful. Your colors are so dynamic and just perfect for your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The sentiment looks great with the sketch. The papers you used look perfect with it as well.

    Oh and it is okay to talk to tree stumps too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful card, Kelly! Love the fun colours you've chosen. Thanks for entering our Gratitude challenge. It's been a pleasure to see your creation.
    Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the style and colours, great intake for our challenge over on artistic inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful quote choice and your colour choices are perfect.

    ReplyDelete