6.20.2017

Mondays with The Project Bin ~ Ink Blowing!



Happy Monday, friends!

This is by far my favorite day of the week for card posting ♥
Regardless of how crazy busy the week has been, 
I know I can always pull out my TPB stamps and just create ~
enjoying the adventurous and creative side of stamping.

It's Kelly² (yes, two Kellys!) day on the TPB Inspiration blog.
For my TPB cards, I try to incorporate a new technique, like today.
I saw a new-to-me-technique on SCS for the featured stamper
(and wow ~ her name is Kelly, too!)
It's called Ink Blowing and involves very few tools:
card stock, aqua painters, reinkers and a straw.
The fun part:  I had one of two of those available - the cardstock and straw!
I do have aqua painters but they are packed away, reinkers sold off ...
so what does a stamper do?
Improvise!



I used the fun Vitamin Sea image from Summer Fun,
perfect stamp set for this time of year!
I stamped that out in lime green ink from Kelly Purkey
 (this is shaping up to be a Kelly day! ♥), 
then die cut a few shapes and glued that together.
Then I got to ink blowing ....
I used a plain 'ol flat, size 10 sable paintbrush and ink ~ water combo.
Once I had the ink into my palette, I added a few drops of water 
and dipped the brush, then blew the air from the straw onto that 
to create the splatter effect.
Rinse, repeat with 2 other colors and the background is complete!
The only ribbon I had was the wide width so it had to do
(again, improvise is the key word!)
 and propped up the stamp with foam and ta-da!



I'm totally going to try this again and already have some ideas
on how to tweak this more to my liking :)

Here's another look at the stamp set - perfect, right!



Tomorrow, we're off to hike in the Everglades in one of Florida's elusive parks.
I'm half excited, half scared outta mah wits! LOL!
I'll be sipping my Starbucks all the way there to give me
super woman powers :)

Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

15 comments:

  1. Great technique Kelly, result is fabulous.x [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic technique Kelly, it looks great fun too. A great sent of stamps you've used too, some super sentiments on there.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelly I love your adaptation of the technique, and a great result too! Enjoy the Everglades while still powered up by the coffee.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to move that ink around!! It makes for a great background for this bright and cheerful card! I love all these summer time sentiments in this wonderful stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Kelly... the ink blowing technique sounds fun and it looks fabulous! I love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely bright and modern card Kelly. The colours look great and that sounds a fun technique. Must try this one. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous!! I love the technique you used!! The colors looks so amazing!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this turned out so very pretty Kelly!! I love your stunning design with the background too!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a so modern card! Great design, love the colours and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous result Kelly..love this effect..I would probably inhale instead of blowing but would still like to give it a shot..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card design and love the technique with the straw. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really awesome background! Good luck on your hike.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How perfect is that sentiment! And, I love your technique : ) I have done this before with TJ's- fun to see your straw work! Really love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card...love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete