7.13.2017

CCEE1728 ~ International Rock Day!


Hi friends!

It's time for another CCEE Stampers challenge #1728 and it's a fun one!
Maryann, our hostess for the month of July, 
asked us to create a card for International Rock Day.


I
I took the rock theme literally to a grand scale ~ the Grand Canyon!
I stamped/colored my Hero Arts National Parks poetic prints 
which was a splurge when they released this set :)
Stamps are just not in the budget, but I knew the minute I saw them, 
I had to have them ♥
The National Parks are an absolute breath of God's beauty,
a vision of grand display.
 


Using hues of red clay dirt and burnt sienna colors for erosion,
these mountainous rocks and beautiful Colorado River grace my card today.
i experimented with these stamps in several different card styles

and I'm really giddy about how all of them came out ...
(those will be on the blog next week!)
because I created a set of cards for my little guy to take to camp :)
 

While I almost always decorate the inside of my cards, too,
this one has a note for my son :)
 
However, here you can see the set in it's entirety ~
and next week, I'll show you the camp card set I made ♥


I love that about the CCEE Stampers and the opportunity 
to create cards outside the box.
No rocky starts to making this card!

How about you?!
We'd love for you to join us with your cards with the rock theme
or using the colors black, white, grey, brown, etc (like me - the etc!)
If you create a card with the DT's theme of Int'l Rock Day,
use the keyword CCEE1728 so we can stop by and leave love :)

And you can see the DT cards here on the CCEE blog.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

20 comments:

  1. A fantastic card Kelly, I was lucky enough to visit all of the parks in your stamp set here on our recent trip.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed Kelly...you rock!
    I've visited the Grand Canyon by helicopter...so magnificent and breathtaking! I've visited Yosemite too!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing card Kelly - love your colours!! The perfect stamp for the theme!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's work of the Grand Canyon is one I'd love to see but guess this gorgeous work of art will have to do in the mean time.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Kelly. What striking colours and a fabulous stamp set. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, the wonderful colors of your card really bring the rock walls of the canyon alive!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a beautiful card, Kelly... the colors are awesome! And I've never seen that stamp set before. It's perfect! I can't wait to see more of what you've done with it - next week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kelly, what a perfect stampset for this challenge! Having a stamp of all these rocky places in our country would be a great addition to anyone's stamp collection. Love the colors you used for this and glad you have highlighted one of the wonders of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great set of stamps! The Grand Canyon was the perfect one for the "rock" challenge. I love your card with its gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy-dancing right now!! I saw these stamps and was going to buy the but I couldn't remember who made them and then couldn't find them again!! Visiting National Parks is one of my favorite things to do!! You have showcased the stamps perfectly!! Wow!! The colors are stunning!! Love, love this, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is such a cool image! What a fantastic job with the coloring and it fits perfectly for this challenge too!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool set of stamps Kelly..love your colouring on your grand canyon card and fabulous card design..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stamps and love the scenes. Great colouring of the mountains. I have been away from home for a few days. A short holiday break. Back now to housework and shopping!! Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Been to all of those places....love this card! VickY

    ReplyDelete
  15. you rocked this challenge, awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning creation with this amazing set of images!! I love the gorgeous colors and papers you have paired in this sensational design, Kelly!! A breath-taking beauty, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your color choices on this one.....and the dotted dp was perfect as part of your layout.....a sunny, natural delight, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous! What a great set of images and I absolutely love how you colored this one! I've never been there, but it is definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cool stamp set and what a great card you made from it! Bet "Littlw Man" will enjoy these at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card and colors. That stamp set is awesome!

    ReplyDelete