3.22.2018

DBC ~ You Make My Heart Melt!


 Hi friends!

I'm on the Drive By Crafts blog today with this card ~ You Make My Heart Melt ♥
I think this is probably one of my favorite cards of this year :)
I absolutely adore it ~ 
from the distress ink blending to the shimmery snow to the cute little kitties ...
it's just so cheerful :)
{and we can always use cheer and happiness} :)


Here's how I made this card from Products at Drive By Crafts online store:
I used the You Make My Heart Melt stamp from the My Favorite Things stamp selections and stamped those out with Brutus Monroe Raven ink.
Oh I love this ink!  So crisp and clean and spot on!
Then, I ran the images through the Cuttlebug with the matching die-namics ~
but remember, you don't need the dies - just fussy cut your images!
I colored the images and then set them aside to work on my background.

 
Since this card is going to a sweet friend,
I knew I wanted pinks and purples as a background.
The exact shades I wanted were Ranger Tim Holtz Picked Raspberry Distress Ink
and Ranger Archival Ink is Magestic Violet.
Using my mini blending tool, I blended both the raspberry and violet inks outward 
until the entire A2 size cardstock was covered and put it aside to set.
For the lake, I wanted to simulate the sparkle of the sun on the ice,
so I added clear Wink of Stella to the image - instant ice skating shimmer!

*A little tip!  I'm a little (okay - a lot!) heavy handed when it comes to blending,
so I hold a scrap piece of paper over the area as I've blended ...
keeps the ink off my fingers AND smudges off your paper! :)


For the frame, this part took a bit of creativity
 and thinking outside the box ... or outside the frame!
I used my My Favorite Things die-namic frame but discarded the actual die cut,
and used the outer area that looked like a window box frame.
So I basically kept the part you toss and tossed saved the part you keep!
I added Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam to the under side of the white A2 size frame and inverted it and attached that to background to frame it out.
I repeated this with the kitties and the owl - popped up on 3d foam for dimension.
And lastly, I used my white embossing powder and heat gun to 
embossed the sentiment to the card and popped that up, 
too.

To create the water color movement in the ink,
I took a medium size paintbrush with plain water and flicked it onto the ink


background.  It breaks up the monotony of the background color.
 And that's my card .. I hope you enjoyed my rambling today :)
You can stop by the DBC blog and see more inspiration,
as well as take a little drive through the DBC store here or the blog here.
 
My time is almost up being on the Drive By Crafts Design Team ~
it's been a fun ride! 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥
~Kelly

16 comments:

  1. Morning Kelly what a great card I love your design and you have coloured it beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing

    Hugs Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and gorgeous colours Kelly, I love the cute images too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, what a pretty background and adorable card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a precious card, Kelly!! I love these cute cats on the glittery ice! And what fun colors on this great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet and beautiful card Kelly
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet...beautiful colors!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many neat touches here Kelly. The background is amazing, beautifully blended. These little critters are so, so cute atop their sparkly ice rink! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, it's so beautiful, Kelly!! The colors are spectacular!! Those little kitties are so sweet!! I love the sparkle, too!! Gorgeousness!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and fun!
    Love this!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE!!! :D This is one of my favourite cards from you, such cute critters, fun scene and amazing background!!! Really adorable! Great you used the leftover for the frame, too ;)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!!!! Fantastic background detail for the super cute kitties. Fabulous colours and colouring. A wonderful card......Love it!!! Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card Kelly - love the details you have on it, and your ramblings as to how you made it :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, Kelly! Love your adorable little critters. What a wonderful winter card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your pretty colors- beautiful card!!! I love your frame idea and love the shimmery skating pond!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorbs. Great tips too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is so cute Kelly and what a sweet sentiment. I must try to remember your handy tip. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete