3.15.2018

Drive By Crafts ~ Winter Woodland Wonders ♥



Good Morning - again! 

I have 2 blogs posts today!
For a dose of yummy coffee goodness
from Honey Bee Stamps, please check this post :)

I'm up on the blog today over at Drive By Crafts 
bringing you a card with one of my absolute favorites:  Storybook characters ♥
I love LOVE the look of classic children's storybook illustrations ~
add in some winter/snow and I'm just smitten!




I have quickly fallen for Avery Elle stamps
and Drive By Crafts has quite a few to chose from.
Today, I'm working with the winter woodland wonders {nice alliteration!}
 stamps and dies and this set is everything I hoped it would be and more!
Absolutely adorable little woodland friends,
playfully peeking out from the birch trees to say hi on a winter day.



So here's how I made my card:
 I stamped out the birch tree, birdie, rabbit and deer using Momento black ink 
and ran those though my die cut machine with the coordinating dies from the set. These are so nice to use and line up with such precision!
 Once those were all die cut, I colored each of those using soft and subtle colors for that beauty you see in children's illustrated books.
 Once that was done, I simply added Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam to each of the cut outs so the card would have a lot of dimension. 
The 3d foam difference really makes your cards pop when it comes to little animals ~ it gives them great definition!
 Lastly, I added a sentiment (from Avery Elle 'More Stories') 
and popped that up on 3d foam and sequins 'snowflakes'. 

Close up of the woodland cuties!
As you know I'm a big fan of dressing up the inside of my cards,
but for busy/dimension cards with a sentiment, 
I usually just let that be the focal point.




 Such a fun and easy card to make with the supplies from Drive By Crafts!
And shhhhh - little confession ........
I'm keeping this card for me :)
It reminds me of my time visiting wonderful friends this January ...
lifelong friendship, beautiful hearts, lots of smiles!

Quick links to the products I used ....







Thanks for stopping by!
Big hugs, bigger blessings ♥

~Kelly

I'll enter this to 2CraftyCritterCrazies - critters
Crafty animals - animals
Southern Girls - Pop it up!


16 comments:

  1. Such a cute Avery Elle set of stamps and you've used them to make a precious card! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute and gorgeous card Kelly

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! I love the fun woodland scene you've created!! Those critters are precious!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such a sweetie!!! :) Love so much these cute animals!!! Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scene you have created and the little guys are adorable. Beautifully coloured as always. Have a lovely weekend. Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this card is so dang cute. You are so creative....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, this card is so sweet! Love the forest'y look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable Kelly! What a great set and I really like that you popped them up for dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my SO adorable and wonderful white space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Card can't get any more cuter than this one. Lovely colouring too Kelly.xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card! I love the softness in the colours that you have created. Thanks for entering into the Southern Girls Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly - Your little animals are just adorable. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card. I like all the woodland creatures and your cute scene.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooooooo cute. Thank you for sharing at 2CCC. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. How precious is this? I love all the holly with these cute critters and your birch trees!!

    ReplyDelete