3.08.2018

Happy Easter with Cottontail Cuties!


Hello, friends!

This is such a beautiful time of year here ~ spring is in the air!
This is one of my favorite times,
the blossom of newness and the promise of a wonderful beginning.
While some of my friends are still under a blanket of snow,
I'm sure the sun will peek out soon and the earth will awaken :)

And spring means Easter!
Since I'm up on the Drive by Crafts blog today, 
I thought an Easter card would be perfect to showcase,
especially with the absolutely adorable Cottontail Cuties from Neat and Tangled!
 
Oh.  Be.  Still.  My.  Heart!
 
The moment I spied this, it reminded me so much of my daughters 
and the years of Easter egg hunts in our back yard,
including the famous golden egg!
Oh how they searched and searched for those prized eggs!!
(I would have, too, since we hid some big money inside - usually $20!)
Hmmmm,
maybe the Easter Bunny will hide one this year - for moms! LOL!
 
 
Here's how I made my Happy Easter card ...
and colored them with Prismacolor markers in colors that would match
the designer paper I'd already picked out as 'flowers + grass'.
I used the N + T nice and neat dies and my Cuttlebug to cut the images out,
and then set those aside to assemble my card base.
 
The card base is a simple A2 size card using heavy weight card stock.
The scallop insert has Doodlebug paper that I cut with a stitched die
which is actually a speech bubble!  I re-purposed it as a hill :) 
The paper was so bright and vivid against the stark white,
it just gives is such a pop!
Since I wanted the card to have some dimension,
I added 3d foam behind all of the elements to make them stand out.


And that's my Easter card ~
total cuteness overload ♥
I'll be using this set over and over ~ so many different possibilities,
and that's what usually catches my eye with a stamp/die set ..
the many ways to use it, including all year 'round if I can :)
 
You can find the supplies that I made this card with and many more
Take a peek and stock up on some of your must haves,
including new releases from many companies and some great deals 
in the clearance section, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by ~
your sweet words warm my heart and brighten my world, truly ♥

Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly
 

 

14 comments:

  1. Awwwww.... Pure cuteness!!! :) LOVE so much your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is superrrrrrr sweet and very beautiful Kelly
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Kelly, it's so cute.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, such a sweet card... I love the way you gave it dimension, too. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute role reversal for these sweet bunnies!! Your card is a delight with these rolling hills of flowers and those bright spring colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly your card is so totally cute.. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this is the cutest card, Kelly!! I love the sweet scene you've created!! The colors are fabulous!! The flower-covered rolling hills are beautiful!! I love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet and great color choice !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Gosh Kelly, how cute is this card..I love the sweet little girl and those bunnies and the beautiful bright flowers they are sitting on...gorgeous card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute bunnies and bunny girl, Kelly. The flower hills are soooooo pretty and the eggs look very yummy. Such a beautiful. colourful card. I have posted a card, with one of the stamps you so very kindly sent to me. Thank you so much. Have a lovely weekend. Big hugs and blessings, Carol S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a delightful scene. Wonderful bright colors and such creativity using the speech bubble dies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweetie Kelly - and no I will not go to the store, I have spent waaaaaaaaaaay to much this month!! :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is such cuteness! Love that set and your layout using the pattern paper for your "ground." I remember the Easters that my parents hid our baskets all around the house. We found them in some unique places. Fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling card Kelly--love the layout and the sweet images

    ReplyDelete